The first day of 2015 NBA free agency is nearing its close even though the offices are surely going to stay open. There has actually been a lot of movement so far this offseason, and that includes plenty that happened on Wednesday when free agents could officially negotiate with teams. Here is a guide to everything that has happened so far with teams such as the LA Lakers, New Orleans Pelicans, San Antonio Spurs, Atlanta Hawks, and more.
As soon as midnight hit and free agency began, Anthony Davis agreed to a five-year extension with the New Orleans Pelicans. The young star has a deal in place that could end up being worth $145 million and it secures him in the Big Easy for a long time.
— Anthony Davis (@AntDavis23) July 1, 2015
That was the first big move, but there have been a lot to come through the pipelines. Through 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday night, here are all the moves that have been made in 2015 NBA free agency so far.
All of the following are agreements and not signings as those can’t officially happen until next week.
San Antonio Spurs
- Kawhi Leonard – 5 years for $90 million
- Danny Green – 4 years for $45 million
- Kevin Love – 5 years for $110 million
- Tristan Thompson – 5 years for $80 million
- Iman Shumpert – 4 years for $40 million
- Jimmy Butler – 5 years for $95 million
- Mike Dunleavy – 3 years for $15 million
- Brook Lopez – 3 years for $60 million
- Thaddeus Young – 4 years for $50 million
- Brandon Knight – 5 years for $70 million
- Tyson Chandler – 4 years for $52 million
New Orleans Pelicans
- Anthony Davis – 5 year-extension for $145 million
- Alexis Ajinca – 4 years for $20 million
- Goran Dragic – 5 years for $90 million
- Paul Milsap – 3 years for $58 million
- Khris Middleton – 5 years for $70 million
- DeMarre Carroll – 4 years for $60 million
Los Angeles Clippers
- Paul Pierce – 3 years for $9.9 million
- Brandan Wright – 3 years for $18 million
Portland Trail Blazers
- Damian Lillard – 5-year-extension for $120 million
- Al-Farouq Aminu – 4 years for $30 million
- Amir Johnson – 2 years for $24 million
- Jonas Jerebko – 2 years for $10 million
Oklahoma City Thunder
- Kyle Singler – 5 years for $25 million
There have also been a number of trades that have happened, but most of them took place before 2015 NBA free agency began. Here are some of the trades that have taken place in the past couple of weeks.
- Hornets trade Lance Stephenson to Clippers for Spencer Hawes and Matt Barnes
- Luke Ridnour was traded around the league and landed with the Memphis Grizzlies
- Knicks trade Tim Hardaway Jr. to Hawks for rookie Jerian Grant
- Raptors trade Greivis Vasquez to Bucks for draft pick and future first-rounder
2015 NBA free agency is far from over as it is literally just beginning and so much has already happened. There will be a lot more coming and a number of moves that will shock fans, make them question, and surprise everyone.
[Image via BoxDen]