Miley Cyrus Heads To Emergency Room Following Blender Accident

Disney Star Miley Cyrus was taken to the hospital on Monday night when she sliced her finger open deep enough to require stitches.

Cyrus was reportedly cooking at home and using other kitchen appliances without supervision when she cut her finger instead of her food on her blender.

The injury wasn’t all that bad with Cyrus’ rep telling E! News that she was forced to get “a few stitches” but overall “she’s doing fine.”

Reports originally claimed that Cyrus cut her finger with a kitchen knife and most of us have been there before, however she confirmed the real culprit later in the day tweeting:

“I’m all stitched up & have on a splint so I’m good. As you can tell by my expression, didn’t feel so good. Curse u blender!”

I’m taking the stance that this is all PETA’s fault, after all earlier in the day Miley Cyrus tweeted to the organization that she was loving their gluten free cookbook and the next thing you know she’s on the way to the hospital.

In the meantime safety tip no. 1 for a blender is to never place your hand inside the blender when its plugged in.

Here’s an exclusive video of Miley Cyrus arriving at the emergency room courtesy of Starfeine:

While I can’t say I’m overly surprised to see Miley Cyrus doing something without thinking I still can’t help but wish her a speedy recovery. As someone who has cut their finger open on a blade it’s never a good experience during or after the fact.