The stars of 19 Kids and Counting are being more closely scrutinized in the wake of the Josh Duggar molestation scandal, and a little digging has uncovered a few more dark secrets that could be detrimental to the Duggar family.
The Duggars might want to start praying that 19 Kids and Counting doesn't get cancelled, because it sounds like they may soon be in dire need of the money that they make from the TLC show -- Josh Duggar is in danger of being sued, and the Duggar family has started spending extra money on security, likely because they fear that the uncovering of Josh's horrific past misdeeds has turned him into a target.
According to OK! Magazine, one of Josh Duggar's victims is planning to sue the 19 Kids and Counting star for sexually molesting her. As the Inquisitr previously reported, four of Josh's five victims were his own sisters -- they included Jill Duggar, Jana Duggar, and Joy Anna Duggar. Joy Anna was just five years old when she was abused by her older brother.
Josh Duggar's fifth victim was not a member of the family, and she was babysitting the Duggars when she was assaulted. She has not come forward, but her identity may soon be revealed. According to the print edition of InTouch Weekly, the unnamed victim is planning to sue the stars of 19 Kids and Counting for the pain that they have put her through.
Because Josh was a teen when he molested the fifth victim, it's too late to bring criminal charges him. However, the victim is planning to file a civil suit again Josh and his parents, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar. A source revealed that she's not just upset about what happened in the past -- she's distraught that the 19 Kids and Counting stars went on Fox News to downplay what Josh did.
"This whole sordid affair with Josh rattled a lot of people, including the victim, who has had to relive this nightmare all over again after watching Josh's parents go on TV and whitewash what happened," the source revealed.
The fifth victim could sue Josh Duggar for physically assaulting her and causing emotional damage, and she could sue Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar for "conspiracy or negligence."
Because the media is paying so much attention to the Duggar family, it will likely be impossible for the fifth victim to continue to hide her identity when she takes the 19 Kids and Counting stars to court. However, monetary compensation wouldn't be her only reward -- if the court battle keeps the Josh Duggar molestation scandal in the news, TLC might feel more pressure to cancel 19 Kids and Counting.
Josh Duggar's "sins" have already forced his family to spend a portion of their TLC fortune. According to InTouch Weekly, the 19 Kids and Counting stars have started paying off-duty Tontitown, Arkansas police to act as their security guards. Emails obtained by a Freedom of Information Act request revealed that Steve Neild, Kate Gosselin's bodyguard, paid the cops to keep watch over the family compound, as well as the new home that Josh and Anna Duggar purchased. As the Inquisitr previously reported, Steve Neild was first spotted working for the Duggars during Josh and Anna's move back to Arkansas.
The Tonitown police and the Department of Human Services are currently investigating the Duggar family concerning an incident that occurred on May 27. A DHS employee was checking on the welfare of one of the Duggar children, and the worker had to call the police after he was denied access to the minor. No further details on this incident have been revealed, but it's still an open case.
The head of the criminal justice department at the University of Arkansas-Fort Smith, Dr. Paul Kroutter, told InTouch that the Duggars and the Tonitown police are making a grave error by working together.
"I would be hesitant to provide security service for a family that my agency's been doing investigations on," Kroutter said. "I would want to avoid the appearance of any improprieties."
What do you think of the latest news about the Duggar family? Is 19 Kids and Counting doomed for sure?
[Image credit: Josh Duggar/Facebook]