Elvis Presley Enterprises and Graceland will be hosting their third Auction At Graceland event this August, and the event will reportedly feature more than 170 authentic Presley items for sale to the general public.
The auction will be held on August 13, just three days before the 38th anniversary of Presley's 1977 death. The most notable item up for auction is a light blue jumpsuit that Elvis wore in concert during 1973 and 1974. Though Elvis Presley Enterprises will also have staff members on hand to bid on the item, this will be a rare chance for a private fan to purchase an original Presley jumpsuit. According to ElvisConcerts.com, the "blue starburst" jumpsuit was worn by Presley during his August and September 1973 engagement at the Las Vegas Hilton, as well as during a March 1974 tour in Louisiana, North Carolina, and Tennessee.
The first Auction At Graceland was held last summer, and Graceland is hoping that this summer's edition will be the most successful yet (they also held an auction in January during the Elvis birthday week celebration). According to Graceland's official website, 174 items will be up for sale, which is the most ever in the history of the event.
Every item up for auction this year will come from private collectors, as no artifacts from the Graceland collection will be up for auction. The auction will be held in the Graceland Archives Studio, a building that opened to the public in August 2014. The auction will also be streamed live on the internet.
Graceland.com has listed some of the highlight items that are set to be auctioned. We have listed these items below, courtesy of Graceland.com.
- Elvis Presley Light Blue "Starburst" Jumpsuit worn during 1973 at the Las Vegas Hilton and other concerts (Estimated $100,000-150,000)
- Elvis Presley "Viva Las Vegas" Jacket worn in dance scene with Ann-Margret (Estimated $30,000-50,000)
- Million Dollar Quartet Signed Guitar with Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins and Jerry Lee Lewis signatures (Estimated $20,000-30,000)
- "TCB" Diamond and Gold Necklace gifted to Sammy Davis Jr. by Elvis Presley (Estimated $20,000-30,000)
- 1956 Elvis Presley Double-Signed Transfer Agreement moving 15 Songs to Gladys Music (Estimated $20,000-30,000)
- Elvis Presley Owned and Worn Gold Owl-Shaped Ring gifted to a fan from the stage (Estimated $15,000-20,000)
- 1969 Elvis Presley Handwritten Signed Letter to Gary Pepper discussing the inaugural show at the International Hotel (Estimated $10,000-15,000)
- Elvis Presley Signed Shirt from his personal wardrobe provided as the Grand Prize in a 1973 Boy Scout raffle (Estimated $8,000-12,000)
- 1968 Elvis Presley Film-Worn Jacket from "Live a Little, Love a Little" (Estimated $7,000-10,000)
- 1957 Elvis Presley Enterprises Elvis Presley Doll in rare original box (Estimated $7,000-10,000)
- 1971 Elvis Presley Signed Martial Arts Card with fingerprints (Estimated $5,000-7,500)
- Elvis Presley's Personal Walther Model PPK/S 9mm Kurz Handgun ornately engraved "Elvis" and "TCB (Estimated $100,000–125,000)