On his Tuesday show, Sean Hannity confirmed that he had a private conversation with Trayvon Martin killer George Zimmerman, but he added that he does not know anything about the situation between Zimmerman and his lawyers.
Earlier on Tuesday, Zimmerman’s lawyers, Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig, announced that they came to the decision to drop their client after he effectively cut off communication with them. Sonner and Uhrig also claimed that Zimmerman had spoken with Hannity without their knowledge or consent.
“We learned that he had contacted Sean Hannity of Fox News directly, not through us, and we believe, I can’t confirm this, we believe that he spoke directly with Sean, off the record, and he’s not even willing to tell us what our client told him,” Uhrig said at a press conference.
On his show, Hannity attempted to set the record straight, saying:
“For a few weeks we have been pursuing an interview with Mr. Zimmerman to give him a chance to tell his side of the story. Now yesterday I was contacted by an individual that we in fact believe was George Zimmerman. He reached out to me, we spoke on the phone about his case, and I agreed not to report on the contents of that conversation. That’s it.”
You can hear Hannity’s confirmation yourself in the video below.