Trisha Yearwood Releases Limited Edition Vinyl ‘Prizefighter’ Record

Trisha Yearwood served up good food, good music, and a good cause on Saturday’s episode of her Emmy Award-winning Food Network show, Trisha’s Southern Kitchen. The country star invited special guests to her “Record Release Party” to celebrate her new limited edition vinyl record.

According to Trisha Yearwood’s website, she has always been a supporter of cancer research, but losing her mom to metastatic breast cancer fueled her passion even more. Yearwood released the 45 rpm record in honor of those fighting cancer and all proceeds will go to the Stanford Women’s Cancer Center.

“Cancer affects us all. I’ve always been a big supporter for cancer research. Losing my mom to metastatic breast cancer in 2011 only deepened my passion for helping support research in as many ways as I can. The proceeds from the sale of this limited edition 45rpm vinyl record go to the Stanford Women’s Cancer Center, in an effort to help fight the fight. I do this for all of the PrizeFighters out there.”

The limited edition record has two songs that she tells People are very close to her heart, “Prizefighter” and “I Remember You.” Both songs are from her current Prizefighter: Hit After Hit album. Yearwood said the songs remind her of her mother, Gwen.

“They are songs about strength and fighting the good fight and about hope.”

The “Walkaway Joe” singer’s party menu included mini sausage cheddar biscuits, chicken salad with fruit in endive cups, and vanilla cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. Trisha tells People she has a fancy for peanut butter, although she tries to keep the obsession under control these days.

“I love peanut butter. I’ll pretty much put it on anything. I’ve made peace with peanut butter. I still love it very much, but we have a little more limited relationship now. We’re not dating anymore, we’re just friends.”

Trisha Yearwood recently discussed her sensible approach to fitness and nutrition with Parade. She said it’s all about balance for her, so she follows the 80/20 rule. She still loves the Southern comfort foods she grew up on, like her “mama’s fried chicken,” so she indulges, but keeps it to no more than 20 percent of her total diet. The other 80 percent is filled with healthy options, including lots of lean proteins, fruits, and veggies.

Yearwood feels food is connected to memories, so allowing yourself to enjoy comfort food is okay as long as it’s limited, saying, “That’s really living to me.” Trisha also loves to join Zumba classes when she’s not on the road.

Trisha’s Southern Kitchen airs Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. ET on Food Network. The “Record Release” episode will air again June 16 at 5:30 p.m ET.

[Image from Ethan Miller/Getty Images]