With all the hype surrounding both the book and cinematic versions of E.L. James’ 50 Shades of Grey, it’s hard to imagine there is anyone left in the world who doesn’t know about the topic matter covered. But one high school teacher can count himself among a very small group of people who don’t actually know what it’s about. Recently, another Inquisitr article talked about the “watching HBO with your parents” moment, and with 50 Shades of Grey involving erotica and BDSM, just how embarrassing could viewing this movie really get? Let’s find out:
- As previously mentioned, a high school teacher was tricked into allowing his students watch 50 Shades of Grey during school hours. This was their reward for “good behavior”. Honestly though, it is unclear who it was more awkward for while watching it, the teacher or the students. Hampshire County High School, West Virginia, is where this screening took place and, according to CBS News, movies are not supposed to be screened during school hours. It is yet unclear if the teacher will face disciplinary actions.
- How about a Mother’s Day present? According to Twin Cities, 50 Shades of Grey was rush released to DVD — just in time for Mother’s Day. It is unsure if this was the actual reason behind the rush release, but it is certain it is not a movie you would like to sit down with your mother to view.
- With 50 Shades Darker hitting the big screen next year, don’t forget to pick your viewing partner wisely. Make sure any friends who agree to go to the movie with you have read the book, or at least understand the subject matter. Although, awkward movie buddies is not exclusively mutual to 50 Shades of Grey, as Today found out when it asked its fans about embarrassing movie moments.
- Having your father comment on the content of the book because he has read it. The 50 Shades of Grey “mommy porn” phenomena comes at a cost. That cost is having your father read the book and announce he thought it wasn’t so bad. I can speak from experience on this but I won’t because I am still scarred by it.
- That awkward moment when you are busted watching the movie. Imagine walking out of the cinema and coming face to face with someone like your grandmother? Another worse case scenario for getting busted watching 50 Shades of Grey is having your embarrassing moment caught on camera.
Do you have an embarrassing viewing of 50 Shades of Grey moment you would like to share? Let us know by commenting below!
50 Shades Darker will premiere on February 10, 2017. The final erotic installment, 50 Shades Freed, will premiere on February 9, 2018.
[Image credit: Focus Features]