Fans have been waiting very impatiently for it, and on Thursday night, the first round of the NFL Draft 2015 finally happened. Returning to Chicago for the first time in decades, there was a lot of mystery as to what could happen at the top of the draft, but when the time came, Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota went first and second. Check out a full recap and all the results, picks, and trades from round one.
NFL.com had full coverage of the NFL Draft 2015, and right up until draft time, it was rumored that the Chicago Bears and Philadelphia Eagles were in serious talks for the second overall pick. As Tennessee's time came up, there was no trade and they took Mariota with the selection.
A number of trades have taken place over the course of the past few weeks and months, and many were expecting them to happen early on tonight. Well, the first two picks, then five picks, then seven picks went by and it was straight shooting, but talking was happening.
All 32 picks in the first round of NFL Draft 2015:
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - QB Jameis Winston, Florida State
- Tennessee Titans - QB Marcus Mariota, Oregon
- Jacksonville Jaguars - OLB Dante Fowler Jr., Florida
- Oakland Raiders - WR Amari Cooper, Alabama
- Washington Redskins - OG Brandon Scherff, Iowa
- New York Jets - DE Leonard Williams, USC
- Chicago Bears - WR Kevin White, West Virginia
- Atlanta Falcons - OLB/DE Vic Beasley, Clemson
- New York Giants - OT Erick Flowers, Miami (FL)
- St. Louis Rams - RB Todd Gurley, Georgia
- Minnesota Vikings - CB Trae Williams, Michigan St.
- Cleveland Browns - NT Danny Shelton, Washington
- New Orleans Saints - OT Andrus Peat, Stanford
- Miami Dolphins - WR Devante Parker, Louisville
- San Diego Chargers - RB Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin
- Houston Texans - CB Kevin Johnson, Wake Forest
- San Francisco 49ers - DT Arik Armstead, Oregon
- Kansas City Chiefs - CB Marcus Peters, Washington
- Cleveland Browns - C Cameron Erving, Florida St.
- Philadelphia Eagles - WR Nelson Agholor, USC
- Cincinnati Bengals - OT Cedric Ogbuehi, Texas A&M
- Pittsburgh Steelers - OLB Bud Dupree, Kentucky
- Denver Broncos - DE Shane Ray, Missouri
- Arizona Cardinals - OT D.J. Humphries, Floirida
- Carolina Panthers - OLB Shaw Thompson, Washignton
- Baltimore Ravens - WR Breshad Perriman, Central Florida
- Dallas Cowboys - CB Byron Jones, Connecticut
- Detroit Lions - OG Laken Tomlinson, Duke
- Indianapolis Colts - WR Phillip Dorsett, Miami
- Green Bay Packers - FS Demarious Randall, Arizona State
- New Orleans Saints - ILB Stephone Anthony, Clemson
- New England Patriots - DT Malcolm Brown, Texas
NFL Draft 2015 First Round Night TradesChargers receive 2015 first-round pick No. 15, Melvin Gordon, and 49ers receive 2015 first-round pick No. 17 and 2015 fourth-round pick No. 117 and a 2016 fifth-round pick.
Broncos receive 2015 first-round pick No. 23, Shane Ray, and Lions receive 2015 first-round pick No. 28, 2015 fifth-round pick No. 143, 2016 fifth-round pick, and G Manny Ramirez.
Rounds two and three will air live on Thursday evening, while the final four rounds of the NFL Draft 2015 will air live on Saturday afternoon. The full recap of the first round showed that things went kind of as expected with a few surprises here and there.
[Image via NFL.com]