The latest Warframe update from Digital Extremes is ready to roll for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, bringing with it the usual assortment of new cosmetic items, a new playable Warframe, new game modes, as well as a new cooperative preparation/hunting space called the Sanctuary, according to several reports.
The new update brings with it a new Warframe, among other things, which you can see below. The new Warframe, Chroma, boasts a mix of offensive power and squad buffs that blend elemental forces like fire, lightning, and ice on the battlefield. According to the official announcement, Chroma can control almost all of the elements, and utilize this power to become a force to be reckoned with.
“Chroma is a master of the elements — a playable Warframe whose powers alter depending on what color energy is used when customizing appearance. Breathe fire, lightning, toxins or freezing air on enemies and buff allies with unique element-specific auras. Able to animate his pelt into a deadly, hovering turret, Chroma’s blend of squad buffs and offensive firepower make him a versatile member of any team.”
- New Warframe – A master of the deadly elements, Chroma can alter his damage output by changing his coloring. You can see exactly what Chroma has to offer in the video below.
- Conclaves 2.0 – Take on your fellow Tenno in a game of Cephalon Capture, try your hand at three new maps, conquer a variety of challenges and explore the exciting changes to the PvP Game Mode with PvP 2.0! Teshin, your new PvP guide, and the Conclave Syndicate have established their presence in the Relay. Syndicate rewards await for Tenno who compete in the Conclave, studying under Teshin’s Sigil.
- New Quest – The New Strange: Work with Cephalon Simaris to find the source of a mysterious voice. Something is out there, and it is hunting. Work with Simaris to track it down and discover its true nature.
- New Tenno Reinforcements – Load your Arsenal with these powerful new additions:
Kohmak: Like the larger Kohm, this hand-shotgun doubles its volley with each successive shot.
Ripkas: Tear the enemy down with these motorized saw fists.
- New Relay Room – Explore the Sanctuary and visit Cephalon Simaris. Track down unique targets to scan in a Codex shared by Tenno throughout the Solar System, and help unlock exciting new lore and Syndicate rewards.
- New Enemy – Designed by the Warframe community, a new enemy arrives. Dashing in for quick strikes before falling back to the shadows, the Grineer Manic is difficult to catch and deadly to ignore.
PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players can download the update the next time they’re online. The update is also available for PC players.
[Image via Warframe website]