Back in 2012, American rapper Waka Flocka Flame infamously claimed on Twitter he was running for presidency. Now, in 2014 on April 20, or 4/20 for those of you who are up on popular drug culture, it seems the “No Hands” singer is coming good on his claim after recording the video below for Rolling Stone magazine, stating he would be running for the role of president in 2016. Regardless of whether Waka Flocka Flame is serious about running for president or not, here are his presidential claims.
- Legalize marijuana. To prove his point on this matter, the star rolls and lights what appears to be a joint during the video and claims “a blunt a day will take the pain away.”
- Dogs will no longer be allowed in restaurants. While this may be considered a hygiene issue, people who need the assistance of seeing eye dogs may be hesitant to back Waka Flocka Flame based on this claim.
- People with large feet will not be allowed to walk in public. Uh-huh. This might just be the joint he smoked earlier talking, but the singer claims in his run for president, all people with feet larger than size 13 will have to use public transport or catch a cab rather than take up space by walking.
- Education will be more about “reality skills.” It seems Waka Flocka Flame wants more life skills training than actual education as we traditionally know it today.
- No suits for Congress. Apparently when running for president, Flocka Flame will prefer to be seen in more laid back attire.
- Raise minimum wage. If successful in his bid to run for presidency, Waka will endeavor to raise minimum wage for $15 an hour.
- Women’s rights are good enough already. While he claims women already have enough rights, Waka would like to see more respect for women.
While Waka Flocka Flame feels confident in running for president, he does consider Hillary Clinton stiff competition against his bid “because women love her.”
It is unclear yet as to whether his run for presidency is even a legitimate bid, although he is seen signing a document in the video. Of course, if he were considering running for president, he would have to be 35 years or older, and according to Wikipedia, the rapper is only 28 years-old. You can watch the full video campaign Waka Flocka Flame produced below and make up your own mind as to whether or not he is really running for president. Also, this video needs a NSFW warning.
Waka Flocka Flame, born Juaquin James Malphurs, may be running for president, but it is not the first time he has seen controversy. Back in 2010, the star had his house raided for drugs. However, charges were never laid due to insufficient evidence. That year he was also involved in a robbery gone wrong. In 2014, he also tried to take a loaded gun through a TSA security checkpoint.
[Image credit: Waka Flocka Flame website]