Welcome to the Mortal Kombat X drinking game, where you can add a little extra challenge to NetherRealm Studios’ latest fighter! This game is only suggested if you’re over 21 years of age.
Younger gamers might want to stick with Pepsi or some non-alcoholic beverage, since it may be illegal for you to ingest anything harder.
The Mortal Kombat X release date has arrived, and cries of “finish him” are likely echoing across the newest consoles and PC. Just to add a little extra challenge to what has been known as a nail-bitingly difficult game already, let’s see if you can play under the influence.
Please don’t drive or operate heavy machinery under the influence, though. The Inquisitr does not condone drinking and driving and is not responsible for drinking-related shenanigans.
For this game, it is suggested that you have eight ounce glasses and shot glasses handy. Finishing off a glass means the eight ounce glass, most likely beer or wine, or something with less than 20 percent alcohol per volume. Shots are for drinks like whiskey, rum, Jagermeister, or whatever hard liquor you prefer within legal limits, up to two fingers. If a bottle is mentioned, assume it means the beer or lower alcohol drinks.
If you’re ready, let’s begin the Mortal Kombat X drinking game!
Take a shot when:
- You get frozen with an attack by Sub-Zero.
- Scorpion throws a spear and yells “Get over here!”
- Johnny Cage punches you in the groin while doing the splits.
- The other player sits and blocks for more than two seconds.
- You start mashing buttons because you have no idea how to pull off a move.
Take two shots when:
- The other player backs you into a corner and starts getting relentless.
- You discover you can’t pull off the move you want because you chose the wrong version of the character.
- You see an X-Ray attack.
- You face off against a character that’s been in the series since the beginning.
- You face off against a character you can’t play as.
Finish a glass when:
- Either player fails to pull off a fatality (This doesn’t count if it’s an “easy” version).
- A boss character keeps attacking you because the game is cheating.
- The game makes a reference to a character being related to another one.
- You lose the fight because you can’t figure out the moves.
Finish off the bottle when:
- The other player successfully pulls off a fatality after achieving a flawless victory.
- You lose the fight because you were only able to get one move in before being stuck in a cheap combo.
- The other player repeatedly beats you with the same character three times in a row.
This is the Mortal Kombat X drinking game and in no way official. Feel free to change the rules if you want to, as long as the changes are legal.
Enjoy the Mortal Kombat X drinking game, and please drink responsibly.