Tax Day freebies will be offered at many restaurants across the nation on Wednesday, April 15. The free food offers and discounts listed below will be offered to all taxpayers as a small reward for filing your taxes on time.
Even those who have already received a refund from the IRS can take advantage of the deals below from several popular chain restaurants, including Boston Market, Hard Rock Cafe, Great American Cookie, IHOP, McDonald's, Kona Ice, and more.
Thank you, tax day, for combining the fun of doing paperwork with the threat of going to jail. #FallonTonight pic.twitter.com/pqxXNSfMeFAccording to the Huffington Post, two can dine for the price of one at Boston Market on April 15. Buy one meal and get a second for free on Wednesday. It's the perfect way to share your Tax Day misery with a friend.
— Fallon Tonight (@FallonTonight) April 11, 2015
If a burger is more your style, head to your closest Hard Rock Cafe and you'll score a free Local Legendary Burger if you "Sing for Your Supper" on April 15. That's right — in order to get this freebie, you'll have to sing a song in front of other customers in the restaurant.
Time reports that California Tortilla restaurants will give free chips and queso (or salsa) to any customer who makes a purchase and says, "Taxes, Shmaxes." Can't find a location near you? Don't fret. You can get your chips and salsa fix at TGI Fridays — Get More Stripes members get this tasty pre-dinner snack for free every day, not just on Tax Day.
Here's a round-up of some of the other Tax Day freebies available on April 15. Go file your taxes and start your eat-for-free adventure on Wednesday as a reward for being a law-abiding citizen.
- Schlotzky's: Get a free an Original sandwich when you buy a 32-ounce drink and chips.
- Great American Cookies: Get a free sugar cookie, no purchase necessary.
- McDonald's: Select locations are offering a buy one, get one for a penny deal on Big Macs and Quarter Pounders on April 15.
- Kona Ice: If you spot a Kona Ice truck near a tax preparation center or post office on Wednesday, walk up and get a free shaved ice and a Hawaiian lei.
- Tony Roma's: Get a coupon for a free dessert when you dine at Tony Roma's on April 15. Downside of this freebie? You can't use the coupon until your next visit and you'll have to use it by April 29.
- IHOP: Kids eat free between 4 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Beef O' Brady's isn't offering a Tax Day freebie, but they will take 15 percent off your entire bill on Wednesday.
- Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt is offering a cup full of fro-yo with your choice of topping for $4.15. The offer will be posted on the company's Facebook page on April 14.
- Bruegger's is offering a "Big Bagel Bundle" (13 bagels and two tubs of cream cheese) for just $10.40 on Tax Day when you sign up here.
[Image: Luongo Tax]