After a pair of dogs – Jack Russell Terrior and Staffordshire Bull Terrier – became hungry for food, they began eating their owners dead body after she died of an accidental overdose days before her discovery.
According to Daily Mail, 61-year-old Noelle Baynham of Winchester, New Hampshire, was running her bathwater on January 17 when she suddenly fell to her death as she walked to her bathroom. Baynham lay dead on her floor for days, leaving her dogs without food.
Out of desperation, her two dogs began eating her dead body.
Former jeweller Noelle Baynham was eaten by her own dogs after she died http://t.co/F7lwU4wYIA
— Bokura no Ashiato (@bokuranoashiato) April 11, 2015
After several days had gone by, Baynham’s friend Pal Grant Donovan stopped by, but when no one answered after he rang the doorbell, he began to worry. He went around the back where he discovered the back door unlocked.
Making his way in, Donovan discovered the gruesome scene of Baynham’s half eaten body lying on her bedroom floor, with her barking dogs hovering over her, according to Mirror.
Unable to stomach the scene, Donovan turned away and immediately called for an ambulance.
‘This was the most horrifying thing I have ever seen,” he said. “I could not look at her long, so I just came away and called 911.”
Scratches were found on Baynham’s chest, but it was concluded that they were from that dogs who were trying to wake her up after she had taken a fall.
After investigators analyzed Baynhams’s home, they found no evidence of foul play.
Coroner Grahame Short analyzed the evidence and concluded that Baynham’s death was a result of combined drugs that were found in her system, which ultimately triggered a stroke.
“The horrific element in this case is what happened after death rather than before, and it’s entirely plausible that when there are dogs in the house with no one to care for them that they will then start to eat her remains.”
Due to the fact that Baynham’s dogs ate most of her vital organs, the cause of death was difficult for the pathologist, Dr. Amanda Jeffrey, to determine. However, there was enough evidence to determine that Baynham’s death was not a suicide.
“That clearly was a major hindrance to Dr. Jeffery in her examination, and as she explained, she was not able to look at her important organs and she could not establish a clear cause of death,” Short continued.
“I have to say there’s no sign to say this was a deliberate overdose. There can come a point where [the drug level over time is] just too high and one pill too many can tip over the balance.”
Both dogs were later euthanized, which was suggested by Winchester police officials.
[Image courtesy of Claudia Tull/Flickr]