Rapist Fell Asleep, Victim Locks Him In, Calls Cops

This must have been a very tired man, as the alleged rapist fell asleep after he robbed and then sexually attacked a woman, who then promptly locked him in and ran for the police.

It happened over the weekend near Durban in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. A 39-year-old woman was confronted by the alleged rapist, who was waving a bush knife in a threatening way at her.

According to IOL, first the suspect threatened the woman and demanded that she hand over her cash card along with its corresponding PIN number, so that he could access the money in her bank account. He then left her and went to the bank where he drew the money, but that wasn’t the end of it.

Having got the cash, he then returned to the victim’s home, threatened her with the knife yet again and then proceeded to rape her. Apparently it was after this that the alleged rapist fell asleep next to the woman.

KwaZulu-Natal police spokesman Thulani Zwane gave a statement to the South African media, giving information about the crime.

“The suspect threatened the victim and demanded her cash card as well as her PIN code for her bank account.”

“He went to the bank where he allegedly withdrew cash and came back, threatened the victim again and raped her in her house.”

According to Zwane, as the alleged rapist fell asleep, the woman immediately escaped from him, leaving the house and locking the door behind her as she went. The woman then immediately contacted the police, who arrived at the home to find the suspect still fast asleep on her bed and promptly arrested him.

SA Breaking News reports that police said the 28-year-old suspect will appear in the Umzinto Magistrate’s Court on charges of rape and robbery, at a date which is still to be confirmed. Until then he is in jail.

On the subject of not particularly wide awake criminals of this nature, the Inquisitr recently reported about an equally bad, although even more brutal, rapist. Just before the alleged rapist appeared in court, his victim and a potential witness both died tragically in a fire and the man himself turned up for the hearing with several burns on his body.

[Image: Crime scene tape CC by-SA 4.0 Tony Webster]