Nurse Who Filmed Himself Sexually Assaulting Unconscious Women In Emergency Room Pleads Guilty

A hospital nurse who filmed himself sexually assaulting at least two woman, who were unconscious in the emergency room where he was employed, admitted his guilt at court on Monday.

Andrew Hutchinson, 29, pleaded guilty to 27 counts of rape and voyeurism, admitting that he attacked female victims as young as 10-years-old while he worked at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford, UK.

Having searched the suspect’s home following his arrest, detectives found video footage of Hutchinson raping an 18-year-old and another 35-year-old woman just feet away from other patients.

Child porn and other offensive footage was also found on the suspect’s mobile phone, computer equipment, a memory stick, and a camera.

Police told the court that none of Hutchinson’s victims would have known exactly what was going on at the time he raped them, as they were either unconscious or filmed secretly.

Hutchinson admitted to raping a total of 29 women during his career as a nurse.

The police prosecution also told the court that Hutchinson had stolen a Nasopharyngoscope, a camera used by doctors for internal examinations, in order to help him film his victims.

Detective Chief Inspector Mark Johns said a statement in court.

“I am pleased that Hutchinson has pleaded guilty to his offences and spared his victims having to endure a trial to receive justice. This has been a complicated and unusual case as the victims of his sex offences were not aware that offences took place because they were not conscious. Thames Valley Police sent specially trained officers to personally speak to all the victims, who showed great courage when informed with such distressing news. I have no doubt that Hutchinson would have continued to offend had he not been arrested. I would like to reassure members of the public in Oxfordshire that all the victims which can be identified from images have been contacted by Thames Valley Police.”

Andrew Hutchinson has been remanded in custody pending his trial on April 27.

[Image credit: Oxfordshireguardian]