Zayn Malik revealed that One Direction has been supporting his decision to leave the boy band. The heartthrob and crooner revealed that the boy band was “really supportive” about his impromptu split. The remaining guys – Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Niall Horan, and Louis Tomlinson – will carry on as One Direction. Not “Four Direction,” as fans have been calling them lately.
Malik revealed all in an interview with Friday’s edition of Britain’s the Sun newspaper. He said that the boy band will carry on, as planned.
Malik responded, “They still want to do it for a while. I think they’re going to be cool.”
He broke the internet and fans’ hearts when he announced that he was quitting One Direction. Zayn said in a recent statement that he wanted “to be a normal 22 year old.” He also said that fame and stress were part of his reasons to leave the globally successful boy band.
Malik admitted that he felt like he let fans down, but he didn’t want to do something that doesn’t make him happy.
“I only ever tried to do it for the fans, and it was only ever for them. I may have let them down in some sort of way.
“It’s not that I’ve turned my back on them or anything, it’s just that I can’t do that anymore because it’s not real to me.”
There is no regret on Zayn’s part. He feels really good about his decision to quit and the future.
Zayn said, “I’ve never felt more in control in my life. And I feel like I’m doing what’s right – what’s right by myself and right by the boys, so I feel good.”
Malik admitted that his split from One Direction was a good decision, not only for him, but for the remaining four guys as well.
On that same day, Malik was spotted in the recording studio with Naughty Boy. Because that’s what normal 22-year-olds do after they quit a majorly successful boy band, right? There’s speculation that Malik is working on new music with Naughty Boy. It’s unclear whether or not he’s coming out with a solo album. The Inquisitr has hinted that Malik probably quit One Direction to work on his solo project.
Entertainment News just revealed that Zayn is indeed working on an album alongside Naughty Boy, who has previously worked with Sam Smith. The former One Direction cutie also wants to dabble in rapping. Meanwhile, other news outlets are reporting that he wants to make a “slowed down sexual R&B sound.” All of the reports are kind of conflicting at the moment. But by reading the reports, it sounds like Zayn wants to make more mature music.
The recent sighting of him in the recording studio and ongoing news about Zayn’s upcoming solo album has fans shaking their heads in disbelief. Some are wondering if he made up a lie just so he could quit One Direction. It seems like Zayn’s bandmates are not as supportive as he let on. People Magazine previously reported that One Direction felt “misled” and felt like “he was lying about wanting to live a normal life.”
Would you purchase Zayn Malik’s solo album?
[Image: Davis/Getty Images for iHeartMedia]