These Avengers: Age of Ultron fun facts were released by Disney, showcasing 13 things that the movie studio wants us to know ahead of time. Among these facts are revelations about Scarlet Witch’s powers and the Hulkbuster armor, as well as an amusing tidbit about Thor dressing up for a party.
- Hulk now has stretchier pants, making scenes like the one from the first Avengers (where Mark Ruffalo is found naked in the ruins of a building he fell into) less embarrassing. Microfiber will ensure that he never has to wake up as Bruce Banner in shredded clothes again.
- Tony Stark engineered an upgrade for Hawkeye’s quiver and arrow tips, allowing him to fire different kinds of arrows, and hold up to nine.
- Hawkeye’s bow is more high-tech, allowing a faster load time as well as infra-red and sonic-sighting capabilities.
- Captain America‘s shield now has recall technology, allowing Steve Rogers to retrieve it on command. Gone are the arm straps, replaced now with a magnetic clip.
- The fifth of the Avengers: Age of Ultron fun facts involves Black Widow’s fighting batons. They now have a charging ability just like her stingers, so when she hits someone with them, they deliver a jolt of electricity for extra power.
- Production designer Charles Wood and his team made the Avengers Tower more integrated, with many levels, the largest set ever built for a Marvel film. A large expanse of glass opens the view to New York City and one can also see a hangar for the Quinjet.
- The Avengers Tower is now multi-purposed, designed to serve the story in multiple ways. Not only is the Avengers Tower a gathering place for the team to work, but there is a lounge area, three laboratory areas, a machine room, a gym, a relaxation area, and a locker room. The Tower was also designed to provide everything Tony Stark needs for his work and research.
- Wanda (Scarlet Witch) and Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver) have entered the arena, exhibiting powers that have not yet been seen in a Marvel movie. Pietro is lightning fast and Wanda possesses the power of telekinesis, and she is able to fire neurons in people’s brains remotely and manipulate their minds.
- Vision is another new addition, played by Paul Bettany, who previously had voiced Jarvis in the Iron Man films. He’s an artificial life form whose powers are “spectacular,” and he represents a new power base for The Avengers team.
- The Hulkbuster armor, as previously reported by the Inquisitr, is another one of the Avengers: Age of Ultron fun facts. It is a prebuilt super-suit designed to take on the Hulk, co-developed by Tony Stark and Bruce Banner. They studied the Hulk’s physical actions and strength levels in an effort to find a way to contain him and minimize the damage. A satellite in low orbit keeps tabs on Banner and at a moment’s notice, Tony Stark can deploy the Hulkbuster armor to stop him from smashing too much.
— Comicbook.com (@ComicBookdotcom) March 25, 2015
- The redesigned Quinjet looks more militaristic, using a new helicopter-style cockpit allowing a greater field of vision, and a stripped-down interior for an edgier look.
- The production enlisted the expertise of brothers Menstru Pa, the Korean National Champion in drone flying, and Pak Min Keu, the Korean National Champion in remote car racing, to use drones for filming in ways not possible before.
- Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Hemsworth were almost exact opposites when it came to clothing for a party scene. Downey wanted Tony Stark to look sophisticated, while Chris Hemsworth required extensive work with Alexandra Byrne to find the right combination of jeans, jacket, and shirt that wouldn’t make him look too fancy.
What do you think of these Avengers: Age of Ultron fun facts revealed by Disney?
[Image via the Site of Gamers]