Australia: Man Finds Python Inside Box Of Corn Flakes [Video]

An Australian man named Jarred Smith got the shock of his life after he found a 2-meter long python hiding inside a box of corn flakes. According to the Daily Telegraph Australia, Jarred encountered the slithery guest last Tuesday after he decided to have some corn flakes for lunch. According to the report, Jarred found the python neatly coiled up inside the carton placed kept on a kitchen table just as he was about to take a scoop out of the box.

While Australians living in the outback are known to encounter creepy crawlies regularly, the sight of a python seated comfortably inside a box of cereal seems to have rattled even the likes of Smith who has seen snakes in swimming pools and barns, reports The Independent.

“It was super weird. I peeked in the box, saw its head pop out and that’s when I dropped my food on the counter and bolted for the door.”

Smith immediately called out to his father Norris – who was at home at the time. Eventually, the father-son duo called up the New South Wales Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service (WIRES) who caught the python and eventually released it in the wild.

According to WIRES member Chris McGreal, the length of the python – later identified as a diamond python – was well over two meters

“The python was over 2m long and I couldn’t ­believe it was jammed into this small cereal box,” Chris said.

“When I got there I ­actually had to tear the box to get it out, that’s how tightly squeezed in it was. It’s likely it was hiding in there to feel secure,” he added.

Chris went on to add that even though Jarred was terrified at seeing the python inside the box, he did not face any danger from it. Diamond pythons are harmless towards humans – unless of course someone really aggravates them. People however do get intimidated by its large size.

“Diamond pythons are timid, stealthy snakes and the majority of the time you don’t see them. In general, they are the most placid, least harmful snake you’ll come across. The only reason for a snake bite would be mishandling or if the animal feels threatened,” Chris confirmed.

The shocking discovery of a python inside a box of corn flakes comes just a few months after the Inquisitr reported about another such case where a woman found a large python inside an office toilet bowl.

[Image Via YouTube]