Bungie began pushing out the Destiny 1.1.1 patch to PlayStation and Xbox consoles Wednesday. The controversial weapon balancing is included in this along with the long-awaited fix for the Heavy Weapon ammo bug. There is a ton more changes contained within such as the previously mentioned matchmaking for Heroic Strikes and Iron Banner fixes. However, a bug was also introduced for the Mythoclast.
We will be pushing the 1.1.1 patch for Destiny shortly. Players will be kicked from activities and required to download the patch.
— Bungie Help (@BungieHelp) February 25, 2015
This is the largest patch yet released for Destiny and is full of welcome changes like making it easier to find out your reputation with the game’s various factions. However, the change to the Iron Banner bounties is not exactly what was hoped for. The community has complained about repeating the same six bounties every day of the last five events. Bungie’s response was to change the Auto Rifle headshot bounty to a headshot bounty with the Auto Rifle, Scout Rifle, Hand Cannon, or Pulse Rifle. The remaining five bounties stay the same.
The weapon changes bring welcome buffs to Pulse Rifle, but Nerf Auto Rifles slightly along with Hand Cannons. We’ll have to wait and see how these changes perform in game to deliver a verdict, but it appears the Fusion Rifle changes affected the Vex Mythoclast. Since this weapon is technically a Fusion Rifle in a Primary weapon slot, it was hit by the Fusion Rifle changes. Bungie says that will be corrected in a future update. There is one potentially huge change to Crucible PvP that Bungie snuck in with this patch. Players will no longer drop heavy ammo when killed. This will greatly change the amount of Rocket Launcher and Machine Gun usage in multiplayer. Perhaps this is something that could have been tried out beforehand in a public test server?
You can check out the complete patch notes for the Destiny 1.1.1 update below. Let us know what you think of them in the comments.
- Fixed an issue in which armor with perks that increase ammunition carrying capacity resulted in ammunition loss upon respawn.
- Decreased over-penetration value for weapons with armor piercing perks.
- Fixed an issue where items from the PS3/360 Destiny demo were using old power values. They have been adjusted to regular levels.
- Song of Ir Yut weapon tooltip now advertises the correct magazine size.
- Shoot to Loot: Two-second cooldown added to perk to prevent extra ammunition gains while ammunition bricks despawn.
- Dark Breaker perk will now correctly damage Hive Shriekers
- Snap Discharge will now increase attack speed as per the description.
- Thunderer perk now has priority on the 4th Horseman tooltip.
- Full Auto: Fixed issues in which the weapon perk stopped working while the trigger was being held down.
- Reduced base damage of Auto Rifles by 2.5 percent.
- Reduced effective range values.
- Increased base damage of Pulse Rifles by 9.7 percent.
- Slightly reduced effective range.
- Slightly reduced initial accuracy.
- Widened blast pattern on a Fusion Rifle burst cone.
- Reduced starting ammunition in PVP.
- Increased damage against all non-Guardian combatants by 2x (100 percent increase).
- Reduced high-end range values.
- Damage falloff starts sooner.
- Reduced starting ammunition in PVP.
- Weekly Heroic Strike now is a match made activity.
- Strikes will be less likely to repeat in Matchmaking rotations for full Fireteams.
- Players will now unlock all playlists (Control, Clash, Rumble, Skirmish) simultaneously when unlocking the Crucible.
- Added a new notification when Crucible modes unlock.
- Crucible maps will be less likely to repeat in Matchmaking rotations for full Fireteams.
- Guardians no longer drop heavy ammunition when killed in PvP.
- Guardians now drop much less special ammunition when killed in PvP.
- Completed matches will now award gear with the proper power level.
- Fixed a bug where there was no audio playing for the bullet that kills them.
Event: Iron Banner
- Iron Banner playlist now contains smaller maps in rotation.
- “Focused Aggression” Bounty can now be completed with headshots from Pulse Rifles, Scout Rifles, and Hand Cannons.
- Fixed an issue in which Xur did not carry exotic engrams in inventory on certain dates.
- Crota’s End completion emblem will now be sent to the Postmaster when player inventory is full.
- Ammunition consumables will now work if used when player inventory is full.
- Fixed issues that prevented qualifying players who had deleted their characters from claiming the Tumbler Sparrow from Tess Everis in Tower.
- Character inventory screen now displays faction reputation and weekly mark counters.
- Players in public spaces will no longer see voice notifications when a player in a match made fireteam enter.
- Players will now see improved notifications when teammates join and depart Team and Fireteam chat channels.
- Combined Arms Grimoire cards will now unlock when completing a Clash or Control game.
- House of Wolves card will now unlock upon the start of Ishtar Collective story mission.
- Guardian Abilities card will be granted when a player enters orbit.
- Siege Dancers card will be granted upon the start of the Dust Palace Strike.
- Completing Crota’s End now adds to the Raid Introduction Grimoire card’s Completed statistic.
- Ir Yut grimoire card will now unlock appropriately.
- Siege of the Warmind card will now unlock appropriately.
- Fixed Grimoire scores for the following cards:
- Omnigul, Will of Crota
- Ir Yut, the Deathsinger
- Crota, Son of Oryx
- The Wakening
- The Will of Crota
- Crotas End
- Ascendant Sword
- The Cauldron
- Might of Crota
- Ghost Fragment: Rasputin
- Ghost Fragment: Rasputin 2
- Ghost Fragment: Hive 4
- DLC and Patch systems have been improved.
- Xbox One upsell from trial version to full version no longer makes you leave the game.
- Improved networking resilience to packet reordering.
- Networking improvements for certain routers.
- Bug was introduced in 1.1.1 patch that caused the Vex Mythoclast to spawn with less ammo in the magazine and reserves in PvP.
- This weapon was affected by overall Fusion Rifle changes because it is treated as a secondary weapon
- We intend to correct this issue in a future release
[Images via Bungie]