Suspect In Las Vegas Road Rage Incident Arrested Following Standoff

A standoff in Las Vegas has led to the arrest of the suspect who shot a woman over the weekend following a road rage incident.

As previously reported by the Inquisitr, 44-year-old Tammy Meyers and her 15-year-old daughter were on their way home from a driving lesson last Thursday when Meyers accidentally hit another vehicle. The two got into a verbal argument, but then departed from the scene shortly thereafter. As she arrived to her Las Vegas home, the other driver appeared and began firing shots at her. Meyers was struck in the head by a bullet, and later died at a nearby hospital from her injury.

According to the Associated Press, the unidentified suspect in the road rage incident was arrested by Las Vegas police Thursday after a standoff near Meyers’ home. Her husband, Robert Meyers, was at the standoff and shouted when he spotted the person.

“There’s the animal, a block away.”

The standoff began when a SWAT team showed up at the suspect’s home and demanded him to surrender. One neighbor told the Los Angeles Times that the person may have resided a block and a half away from the victim’s home.

At this point, it is not confirmed if the arrested suspect was the man who shot and killed Tammy Meyers. Las Vegas Police Captain Chris Tomaino said he has been taken to headquarters for an interview about the incident.

The initial report by Las Vegas police claimed that Meyers and her daughter had arrived home shortly after the road rage incident, when the suspect pulled up near their home and began firing his gun. But the Los Angeles Times is now reporting that further investigation shows the Las Vegas mother of four went after him with her 22-year-old son, who brought a gun.

The investigation claims the two spotted the vehicle, which is being described as a “silver or gray sedan,” and followed it before they decided to end the pursuit and drive back home. When the two returned, the sedan pulled up right next to their Las Vegas home and opened fire. Meyers’ son returned fire with his gun, and the car drove away. Meyers was hospitalized for her injury, but was then taken off life support two days later.

[Sketch image via Twitter]