Terrence Howard Death Threats: ‘Empire’ Star Claims Ex-Wife Threatened Him

Terrence Howard is receiving death threats. The Empire star filed a police report with the Los Angeles Police Department, and he has an idea who is behind the threats he started receiving via social media a year ago.

According to TMZ, Howard claims his ex-wife, Michelle Ghent, is behind the posts on an Instagram account. He took his claim to the police, and it is now being investigated.

The posts on Instagram started last year, and several have targeted Howard and his new wife. One post threatened the new couple saying that “won’t live to see [their] children.” Another targeted his wife with a post that claimed Howard was cheating on her. The post showed Howard out with another woman. Yet another post showed an empty pill bottle of Howard’s.

Why does Howard think that his ex-wife is behind the threatening Instagram posts? TMZ revealed a few details about the investigation.

“The LAPD claims in the search warrant affidavit, there’s reason to believe Michelle is behind the postings. One reason… the Instagram accounts have no followers except for her. The LAPD got a judge to sign the warrant and they have gone on the hunt to find out if she’s behind it.”

Michelle Ghent has spoken out about the claims made by Howard, and she says that she is innocent. She even said that she has already been interviewed by the LAPD, and she is no longer considered a suspect.

However, the Los Angeles Police Department has stated that the investigation involving Howard’s death threats is still open. E! Online shared the complaint filed with the Los Angeles Police Department.

“The victim said that this harassment has been going on for over a year. Now he is receiving threats. He and his wife are afraid that the suspect is going to follow through with the threats. To the victim, the harassment appears to be escalating.”

The search warrant obtained by the police gained access to Michelle Ghent’s social media accounts. The police wanted to look into the woman’s digital footprint.

This is not the first instance of trouble between Howard and his former wife. They had problems during their marriage and after their split, according to Mail Online.

“During their turbulent marriage, the commercial production employee obtained two restraining orders against Terrence. In 2011, Ghent accused Howard of physically abusing her, breaking her computer, and stalking her by phone/Internet. In 2013, she claimed the SAG Award winner gave her a black eye, while he claimed she threatened to have him ‘killed by Russian gangsters.'”

In Howard’s previous marriage, he was arrested and plead guilty to disturbing the peace as a result of a domestic violence call in 2001.

Howard has spoken out about his past problems at a recent event promoting his new television series, Empire.

“I have grown so much from anything that happened in the past. Jesus was nailed to the cross on allegations he was blasphemous. We slayed our messiah under false allegations. We’ve got to give people a chance to show who they are.”

Empire has become the biggest hit of the mid-season for Fox. It has already been picked up for a second season by the network after a strong premiere and continued high ratings.

As for Terrence Howard, he is set to appear on the Academy Awards on Sunday night, and he is expecting a child with his new wife, Miranda, later this year. The couple announced her pregnancy at the start of 2015, and they married in late 2013.

[Photo by Mark Davis/Getty Images]