Console gamers can now enjoy a new patch that was made available for download earlier today on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of Assassin’s Creed Unity. Ubisoft announced the release of Patch 5 for the latest installment of their popular series on Wednesday in a post from the official website for the game. The newly launched update for Assassin’s Creed Unity is now live on both of the new console offerings from Microsoft and Sony.
However, PC players will have to wait a little while longer to receive the most recent Assassin’s Creed: Unity improvements. Thankfully, it won’t be a long wait, as Ubisoft expects the update to release for the PC edition of the game later this week.
Patch 5 for Assassin’s Creed Unity corrects of series of known issues that users may have encountered within the game, ranging from texture display issues to fixes for missions bugs that could halt progression in the game’s main story campaign. Assassin’s Creed Unity users should also experience improved server performance and better online matchmaking after applying the latest update.
Today’s new Assassin’s Creed Unity patch also removes the need for players to connect to a companion app to unlock previously exclusive in-game items. This means that players can now open all chests within the game without having to access any outside programs.
“Additionally, we will be unlocking all content exclusive to Initiates and the Companion App, including both blue and gold chests. Players can still progress on the Companion App, they just will no longer be required to complete content to unlock in-game chests.”
Ubisoft also revealed the following complete patch notes for the new Assassin’s Creed Unity update on their official forums. This gives gamers a full rundown of all the fixes and changes were introduced in Patch 5.
- Fixed numerous random crashes both on Campaign and Coop
- Fixed gear and outfit rewards getting relocked
- Added users profile corrector to resolve companion synchronization issues
- Made Initiate and companion app exclusive content accessible to all players
- Fixed the ‘Find Leon’ objective not spawning on Dead Kings Memory 2
- Fixed various matchmaking and connection issues both in matches and when starting a match.
- Fixed various replication issues between host and clients
- Fixed issues with the My Club feature
- Fixed issue with Arno losing control after trying to launch Initiates from the pause menu
- Fixed minor navigation issues
- Fixed issues occurring when hacking gears
- Fixed additional issues with notifications
- Fixed some minor FX and texture issues
According to a previous Inquisitr report from earlier in the month, Ubisoft also recently confirmed during an investor’s earnings call that there will definitely be a new entry of the Assassin’s Creed franchise released later this year. The developer plans to use player-feedback from Assassin’s Creed Unity players to help build the next title.
[Images via Ubisoft]