The Furious 7 soundtrack has been announced, and it could mean the return of the classic feel from earlier in the series. The Fast and The Furious, while being almost bad, was driven by some really nice tunes.
Saliva and Dope joined Limp Bizkit and Ja Rule on a musical joyride the first time, with Ludacris leading the pack for the second film.
Later in the series, we saw a decline in the rap and hip hop sounds in favor of a more story-based feel, and some fans felt alienated. Long-time fans have even stated that the series no longer has the feel it had originally, but the recently announced soundtrack seems to indicate that at least the music will bring it back.
According to Coming Soon, we’ll see new tracks like “Ride Out” from Kid Ink, as well as Wiz Khalifa and Iggy Azalea’s “Go Hard or Go Home.” Tyga, Wale, Y.G., and Rich Homie Quan are also joining the party on the Furious 7 soundtrack. It may lack the harder edge of the music from the first film, but fans will appreciate the return of the hip hop feel.
Earlier this month, “Ride Out” received its official music video via MTV Jams, alongside “Go Hard or Go Home” on Warner Music Group’s “Snapchat Discover” service. Both music videos are here for your listening enjoyment.
On February 24, the singles will continue with T.I. And Young Thug’s “Off Set,” and Sevyn Streeter’s “How Bad Do You Want It (Oh Yeah).” On March 3, we will see the release of Prince Royce’s “My Angel” and “Payback” by Juicy J, Sage the Gemini, Future, and Kevin Gates.
On March 10, a second single from Wiz Khalifa will feature Charlie Puth. “See You Again” will premier on Clear Channel radio stations on March 9.
Other surprises include an official album release of Lil Jon’s “Turn Down for What,” the song made famous by a couple of kittens on YouTube.
Atlantic Records’ Kevin Weaver explained why there is suddenly more music on the Furious 7 soundtrack than in previous films.
“This franchise has a record for rolling out records, but instead of one new song we saw an opportunity to do five, six, seven new ones with real videos in front of the movie. There’s a wealth of new music that plays a significant role in the film.”
The Furious 7 soundtrack will predate the film and bring the series back to its roots much like Vin Diesel’s promise of a return to “race wars.” Here is the official playlist for Furious 7: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack.
1. “Ride Out” – Kid Ink, Tyga, Wale, YG, Rich Homie Quan
2. “Off-Set” – T.I. and Young Thug
3. “How Bad Do You Want It (Oh Yeah)” – Sevyn Streeter
4. “Get Low” – Dillon Francis and DJ Snake
5. “Go Hard or Go Home” – Wiz Khalifa and Iggy Azalea
6. “My Angel” – Prince Royce
7. “See You Again” – Wiz Khalifa (featuring Charlie Puth)
8. “Payback” – Juicy J, Kevin Gates, Future, Sage The Gemini
9. “Blast Off” – David Guetta and Kaz James
10. “Six Days” (Remix) – DJ Shadow (featuring Mos Def)
11. “Ay Vamos” – J. Balvin (featuring French Montana and Nicky Jam)
12. “GDFR” (Noodles Remix) – Flo Rida (featuring Sage The Gemini and Lookas)
13. “Turn Down For What” – DJ Snake and Lil Jon
14. “Meneo” – Fito Blanko
15. “I Will Return” – Skylar Grey
16. “Whip” (Bonus Track)* – Famous To Most
You can pre-order the Furious 7 soundtrack by clicking here. Are you ready for the music from the latest movie in the franchise?
[Image via YouTube]