The average American spends about $96 on Valentine’s Day, which to many is $96 too much. However, in a country that makes sure guys who forgot a gift for their significant other on February 14 feel like lecherous pigs, trying to save money tomorrow can be an exercise in frustration.
Fear not, thrifty penny pinchers. What follows are a dozen dinner destinations on Valentine’s Day that won’t break your bank.
1. TGI Fridays: TGIF is offering half-priced bottles of wine and drink specials through Monday. This includes glasses of beer for right around $3 and cocktails averaging $5 to $6.
2. Sizzler: Sure, it might be unconventional, but you were never that conventional to start with. On Valentine’s Day, fire-grilled tri-tip steak and a lobster tail are only $19.99.
3. Romano’s Macaroni Grill: On Valentine’s Day, guests can upgrade their dinner to a three-course meal for only $12 with a purchase of two entrees. Guests can add any two antipasti and a dessert.
4. Ruth’s Chris Steak House: Through Sunday, guests can enjoy a Surf & Turf menu including steaks plus Filet & Twin Cold Water Lobster Tails for $48.95.
5. California Pizza Kitchen: Offering a $32 dinner for two including one appetizer, two entrees, and one dessert.
6. Home Town Buffet, Old Country Buffet, and Ryan’s: Anyone eating at these three restaurants on Valentine’s Day will receive two coupons good for future visits. One is a Two Can Dine for $17.99 coupon and the other is a single dinner for $8.99.
7. Coco’s Bakery Restaurant: Through Sunday, guests at Coco’s can eat steak and lobster for $15.99.
8. Outback Steakhouse: Offering their Outback Steakhouse’s Valentine’s menu for two, guests can get a Bloomin’ Onion and cheesecake to share, two sides and salads and two steak entrees. Through Sunday, guests can also add a lobster tail for 50 percent off.
9. Qdoba Mexican Grill: If you want to go Mexican this Valentine’s Day, go to Qdoba and get a free Smothered Burrito on Saturday. If you order one, you can share a “kiss” with a loved one or a complete stranger, and you’ll get a second Smothered Burrito for free.
10. Morton’s The Steakhouse: Now through Monday, get a steak with a cold water lobster tail served with drawn butter for $55.
11. Chevy’s Fresh Mex: Through Sunday, guests at Chevy’s can get a dinner for two for $39.99, including one appetizer, two entrees, and one dessert.
Of course, I’m not saying that special lady or guy in your life will actually appreciate a Valentine’s Day dinner at Old Country Buffet or P.F. Chang’s, but then again…
[Photo by David Silverman/Getty Images]