San Antonio Car Wash Shooting Left Two Dead, Several Wounded

The aftermath of a shooting at a San Antonio car wash has left two dead and several wounded, police official say.

Shortly after 10 p.m. Monday night, San Antonio Police responded to a car wash brawl located in the parking lot at North New Braunfels Avenue in San Antonio, which led to a shoot-out. Bystanders reported that two unidentified individuals – gender unknown – pulled out their guns and began firing shots at the crowd that was near the car wash.

Upon the arrival of law enforcement, there was a large crowd of at least 100 people arguing and throwing bottles at each other in the parking lot of the car wash. It took at least 50 San Antonio police officers to get the crowd under control, according to Kens5. A San Antonio PD officer stated that he feared for his life during the melee as he had no clue if someone from the crowd would pull out a gun and began shooting.

After the police was able to break up the brawl, they were alerted of two fatalities, both male victims. One was found dead at the scene while the other was pronounced dead on his way to San Antonio Military Medical Center. The names of the victims have not been released to the public.

According to Fox29, they believe a total of six people were shot that horrific night. All six victims were taken to different hospitals and medical centers. One is in critical condition while the others are being treated for less serious conditions.

“We have several people that have shown up with gunshot wounds. We’re still trying to determine at this time if they were related this scene,” Chief Anthony Trevino stated.


SAPD investigators are unclear as to how or what caused the chaos to erupt, but they believe the gunfight is in relation to a gang rivalry. Although the San Antonio police made no arrests that night, they did take at least three people in for questioning. There is no word on if those individuals were involved in the brawl and will be charged or if they are witnesses.

SAPD Officers spent the rest of the night – reportedly seven hours – investigating the car wash parking lot and collecting evidence, including at least 20 shell casings.

No further information have been released to the public as of yet. The investigation is ongoing.

[Image via Kens5]