Destiny players who have been taking advantage of design flaws in the Crota’s End raid may soon be asking, “Who moved my cheese?” Bungie posted an update Thursday evening that revealed changes coming to The Dark Below expansion next week meant to prevent PlayStation and Xbox players from taking some popular shortcuts.
Some of the popular methods of “cheesing” the Crota’s End raid in Destiny include using the Abyss’s exploding lamps to fling players to a safe spot of the map. Meanwhile, players on the bridge section of the raid have found ways to complete it without crossing the bridge or by jumping across using the sword without the bridge being fully formed.
The encounter with the Hive god himself, Crota, is also full of exploits. Players have discovered ways to spawn two swords to kill him quickly, as I recently wrote about for Inquisitr. They’ve also discovered disconnecting from the game at the right moment can leave the raid boss kneeling indefinitely, making him an easy kill.
See what’s next in this week’s Update. http://t.co/lbljhNTYah
— Bungie (@Bungie) January 9, 2015
All of these “cheese” methods for beating the raid will be removed in an update to be deployed next week, as early as Tuesday, January 13.
Additionally, Bungie is finally giving players a reason to complete the Deathsinger encounter by moving the Abyss (Pit) loot chest reward to be given when killing Ir Yut. The existing loot chest in the Abyss will contain only radiant materials going forward.
The Vault of Glass raid will be getting an update as well, so that exotic weapons will drop at the new level 32 introduced with The Dark Below.
The Hard Mode version of Crota’s End is in the “final stages of deployment,” according to Bungie. They promise that you’ll need to learn “a new trick or two” to complete it going forward.
Here’s the complete list of what is being fixed for the Crota’s End and Vault of Glass raids for Destiny.
Crota’s End – Updates
- The existing Pit treasure chest reward moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger. She has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials.
- The Pit treasure chest will now contain Radiant Materials.
- Removed the physics impulse caused by exploding lanterns.
- Players will now be required to cross the bridge in order to complete the bridge encounter.
- Players will now be required to wait for the bridge to be completed prior to crossing with the sword.
- Fixed a rare case where the Shriekers would not spawn, preventing players from reaching the Deathsinger.
- Two Swordbearers will no longer spawn at the same time at the outset of the encounter.
- Crota will now recover from his kneeling state after a player quits.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to remove the “Presence of Crota” using a Radiance Warlock’s Fireborn ability.
- Fixed a bug that made the Oversoul appear destroyed to some players in a Fireteam when it was actually still active.
Vault of Glass – Updates
- Exotic weapon drops in the Vault of Glass are now Level 32.
Will these changes alter how you play Destiny? Sound off in the comments below.
[Image via Bungie]