‘Charlie Hebdo’ Shooting: 3 Suspects Identified In Paris Attack [Updated]

UPDATED 7:00 p.m ET: Fox News reports the police have killed one suspect and has two of them in custody. No further information available at this time. Stay tuned for more updates on the Charlie Hebdo shooting in Paris.

French authorities say they have identified three suspects in the Charlie Hebdo shooting in Paris on Wednesday, according to a report from GRN.

Police investigators say that they are looking for two brothers, ages 32 and 34, Said Kouachi and Cherif Kouachi, from the Paris region, and 18-year-old Hamyd Mourad from the city of Reims, some 80 miles outside of the French capital. The brothers are reportedly Algerian and are linked to a Yemeni terror network, which was recently dismantled in Paris.

There isn’t much information about how the French police identified the suspects in the Charlie Hebdo shooting so quickly. However, authorities have had the men on their radar for some time because they have suspended prison sentences, GRN reporter Catherine Field told Fox News.

The question is why these men were still walking the streets if they were involved with a terror network. The suspects are still on the loose, as police tighten the noose in and around the Paris area. All are French nationals of Muslim descent, authorities say.

Video of the brazen shooting at the Charlie Hebdo magazine, which resulted in 12 dead people, reveal a well orchestrated attack. The masked gunmen are heard shouting “Allahu Akbar” (God is great) as they shoot their way down the streets near the building.

Reaction around the world and in Paris has been swift and the hashtag #JeSuisCharlie (I am Charlie) has been trending all day. Crowds have taken to the streets in the French capital to show their solidarity with candlelight vigils.

On social media, cartoonists seem to be coming out of nowhere to show the support for the 12 victims of the Charlie Hebdo shooting.

Sometimes pictures say it better than any writer could. #CharlieHebdo pic.twitter.com/bfNapOPOYk

— banksy (@thereaIbanksy) January 7, 2015

French President Francois Hollande visited the scene of the Charlie Hebdo shooting earlier in the day and, stating this was a terrorist attack, pledged to find those responsible for the murders. Editor-in-Chief Stephane Charbonnier — who had refused to pull the cartoons that are believed to have angered the attackers — is among those killed. The gunmen reportedly asked for specific people by name as they terrorized the cartoonists.

[Image via Twitter]