Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition owners in North America finally received Title Update 19 (TU19) Tuesday morning, following an unexplained delay. Horses, Wither Mobs, Redstone, and more are now available in the open-world sandbox game.
4J Studios revealed the release of the update via Twitter. The developer previously stated that the update would hit this week.
Sony America has completed testing the PS4 update, and it’s out now in North America! #MinecraftPS4
— 4J Studios (@4JStudios) January 6, 2015
The PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in North America received the Minecraft TU19 update on Christmas day, while Europe received it on the PS4, PS3, and PS Vita on December 20. Meanwhile, the Xbox One and Xbox 360 received it first on December 18.
There’s no word on why the North American release of the PS4 Minecraft update took so long. The holidays obviously played into it, but Sony does have different certification teams and a certification process for each region.
It actually encompasses three Minecraft updates made to the PC – the Pretty Scary Update, Redstone Update, and Horse Update.
The Pretty Scary Update added Bats, Witches, the Wither boss, and Wither Skeletons as new mobs. It also brought Beacons and items that were included in the TU14 update, such as Carrots on Sticks, Anvils, and more.
The Redstone Update focused primarily on adding new redstone blocks, but also optimized the lighting engine. Some of the new blocks included the comparator, hopper, dropper, daylight sensor, trapped chest, weighted pressure plates, and block of redstone. Some PC specific updates, like a scoreboard system, did not make the transfer to the PlayStation and Xbox consoles.
Lastly, the Horse Update brought horses, naturally, plus donkeys and mules. It also brought leads to tie to any mob, plus hay, carpet, coal blocks, and hardened clay that can be turned into stained clay with dye.
Bugs have already been discovered via the European release of the Minecraft TU19 update for the PlayStation 4 and posted to the Minecraft Forum. Expect 4J Studios to release a patch in the coming weeks to solve various duplication glitches, crashes, and tamed horses disappearing.
The complete TU19 changlog for Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition is below.
Changes and Additions:-
– Added new items
- Hardened Clay
- Stained Clay
- Block of Coal
- Hay Bale
- Activator Rail
- Block of Redstone
- Daylight Sensor
- Minecart with Hopper
- Minecart with TNT
- Redstone Comparator
- Weighted Pressure Plate
- Trapped Chest
- Firework Rocket
- Firework Star
- Nether Star
- Horse Armor
- Name Tag
- Horse Spawn Egg
– Added new Mobs
- Wither Skeletons
– Added new terrain generation features – Witch Huts.
– Replaced the Tutorial World with a new world containing some new mini-tutorials for the new functionality.
– Added Beacon interface.
– Added Horse interface.
– Added Hopper interface.
– Added Fireworks – Fireworks interface is accessible from the Crafting Table when you have the ingredients to craft a Firework Star or Firework Rocket.
– Added ‘Adventure Mode’ – You can only break blocks with the correct tools.
– Added lots of new sounds.
– Mobs, items and projectiles can now pass through portals.
– Repeaters can now be locked by powering their sides with another Repeater.
– Zombies and Skeletons can now spawn with different weapons and armor.
– New death messages.
– Name mobs with a Name Tag, and rename containers to change the title when the menu is open.
– Bonemeal no longer instantly grows everything to full size, and instead randomly grows in stages.
– A Redstone signal describing the contents of Chests, Brewing Stands, Dispensers and Jukeboxes can be detected by placing a Redstone Comparator directly against them.
– Dispensers can face in any direction.
– Eating a Golden Apple gives the player extra “absorption” health for a short period.
– The longer you remain in an area the harder the monsters that spawn in that area will be.
– New Game and Host options (Daylight Cycle, Keep Inventory, Mob options, Tile drop and a Regeneration option)