ISIS Plotting To Kidnap And Kill One Of Queen Elizabeth’s Guards, But Queen Remains Defiant

ISIS militants are hatching a plot to attack Queen Elizabeth’s guards, but the British monarch reportedly refuses to bow down to the threat, and is insisting that her troops remain in their places in London.

The plot has been discussed among militants being watched by intelligence forces, British media reports claim.

“Intelligence picked up (internet) chatter which is being taken seriously. ISIS know it would be very difficult to attack a member of the Royal family, but one of the Queen’s Guard would be a huge target for them,” a source told the Mirror. “Action has been taken accordingly. The threat is so acute some guards have already been moved.”

Guards at St. James’s Palace and Clarence House are on alert for gunmen or suicide bombers, the report claimed.

This is not the first time ISIS has plotted to attack the royal family. Earlier this year, four Islamic terrorists planned to stab the 88-year-old monarch to death, but were discovered by British intelligence forces and arrested.

The men reportedly planned to stab the Queen during a military event at Royal Albert Hall, part of a lead up to Remembrance Sunday. The suspects, who were between 19- and 27-years-old, were apprehended in a series of raids in West London and Buckinghamshire.

The Islamic terrorist group has also aimed to take out other revered Western leaders. In August, the Roman newspaper Il Tempo claimed that ISIS was planning to kill Pope Francis, though officials said the plan was not a real concern.

“There is nothing serious to this,” Vatican spokesman Federico Lombardi told the Catholic News Agency, “There is no particular concern in the Vatican.”

A number of ISIS fighters have come from the U.K., and some have expressed worry that those who left to fight in Iraq and Syria may be able to sneak back into the country.

Queen Elizabeth has refused to be cowed by the ISIS threats. Earlier this year, she attended the Remembrance Sunday ceremony amid threats, and in the current threat, she has insisted that troops maintain their tradition of remaining out in the open on Horse Guards Parade.