New Year’s Eve 2014 is quickly approaching, and that means you will need to figure out what your plans are going to be. Well, if you’ll be at the Walt Disney World Resort for the changing of the year, there are plenty of options in order to ring things in and enjoy in some truly magical ways.
Three of the four Walt Disney World theme parks will have some sort of New Year’s Eve type of events, according to Disney. Disney’s Animal Kingdom will not have any celebration though, and that’s for obvious reasons, as the fireworks would frighten and endanger the animals.
First off, here are the hours for New Year’s Eve that will allow you plenty of time to enjoy the parks.
- Magic Kingdom: 8 a.m. – 2 a.m.
- Epcot: 8 a.m. – 1 a.m. (World Showcase opens at 9 a.m.)
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 8 a.m. – 12 a.m.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom will also open at 7 a.m. for Disney Resort guests for Extra Magic Hours. Hollywood Studios will stay open from 12 a.m. until 2 a.m. for Disney Resort guests.
One thing that you need to make note of is that big crowds are expected for the parks for New Year’s Eve and phase closings could happen. If crowds get too big, you won’t be allowed in the parks at all, so get there early and stay put.
In order to do these things though, you need to know what the schedule is at Walt Disney World for New Year’s Eve 2014, and that’s what you can find out in the following information.
“Prepare yourself for fireworks galore! Along with ‘Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season,’ you can see ‘Fantasy in the Sky’ fireworks, the most spectacular holiday display ever at Magic Kingdom Park, capped off with a breathtaking musical, magical show—and the shows are presented on 2 days: December 30th as well as 31st!”
- Future World Stage – DJ Scooter: 7 p.m. – 11:35 p.m. and 12:10 a.m. – 1 a.m.
- Japan – Silent Groove: 7 p.m. – 1 a.m.
- America – DJ Steve Dunlap: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- America – DJ Carlos Carrion: 7 p.m. – 7:20 p.m., 8 p.m. – 8:50 p.m., 9:30 p.m. – 10:50 p.m., 10:45 p.m. – 11:35 p.m., 12:40 a.m. – 1 a.m.
- Morocco – Orquestra Punto y Coma: 7:20 p.m. – 8 p.m., 8:50 p.m. – 9:30 p.m., 10:05 p.m. – 10:45 p.m., 12:05 a.m. – 12:40 a.m.
- China – DJ Dominic Morrison: 7 p.m. – 11:35 p.m., 12:05 a.m. – 1 a.m.
- Italy – DJ Mark Sanchez: 7 p.m. – 1 a.m.
- United Kingdom – DJ Dave Griffiths: 7:30 p.m. – 8 p.m., 8:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m., 10 p.m. – 10:30 p.m., 11 p.m. – 11:35 p.m., 12:05 a.m. – 12:15 a.m.
- Illuminations: Reflections of Earth – Holiday Finale: 6 p.m.
- Illuminations: Reflections of Earth – New Year’s Eve Finale: 11:40 p.m.
- Eight temporary bars will be set up around the countries in World Showcase and they will open at 3 p.m. and operate until park close
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Mulch, Sweat, and Shears will play the night away on the main stage, performing hits from years past and today.
“As midnight makes its approach, gaze upward while the band plays and the evening ignites into an amazing shower of shimmering light. Watch in wonder as majestic fireworks glitter and glisten in a glimmering scene sure to inspire awe in one and all!
Bear witness to the magic of a newborn New Year as you welcome 2015 in the grandest of fashions—the New Year’s Eve Celebration featuring Mulch, Sweat and Shears, only at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!”
Enjoy creative cocktails and other specialty beverages for New Year’s Eve at Walt Disney World, as they will be served at numerous restaurants throughout Hollywood Studios.
New Year’s Eve 2014 at Walt Disney World can be celebrated in a tasteful, and tasty, fashion by taking part in one of these awesome dining experiences. Fifteen Disney dining locations will offer up a New Year’s Eve elegant eating experience.
- Biergarten Restaurant
- Bongos Cuban Cafe
- California Grill
- Flying Fish Cafe
- Garden Grove
- Hollywood & Vine
- II Mulino
- La Hacienda de San Angel
- Le Cellier Steakhouse
- Monsieur Paul
- Todd English’s bluezoo Lounge
- Trail’s End Restaurant
- Victoria & Albert’s
- The Wave… of American Flavors
- Special fireworks dessert party at Tomorrowland Terrace in Magic Kingdom Park
- Exclusive Fantasia 2014 dining event at Epcot World ShowPlace
Now, there are a number of dining experiences to enjoy over at Downtown Disney as well, but please know there are no fireworks there.
New Year’s Eve can be celebrated at Walt Disney World in many different ways, but you’re going to want to make sure to get into the parks early. If you try to make a leisurely stroll into one of the Disney Parks late and ring in the new year, you may be shut out.
[Image via Disney]