Kevin Nash Suspended By WWE, Posts Tweet About ‘The Last 24 Hours’

Wrestler Kevin Nash has reportedly been suspended from the WWE due to the events surrounding his recent battery arrest.

TMZ reported on Thursday that Nash’s current contract with the WWE is suspended.

The WWE released an official statement in regards to his suspension as well as key details about his contract.

“Kevin Nash has not regularly performed for WWE since January 2004. He is currently under a non-wrestling ‘legends’ contract which has been immediately suspended until this domestic dispute is resolved.”

The domestic dispute which led to his arrest and his immediate suspension from the WWE likely compelled Kevin Nash to post a tweet late Wednesday night reflecting on his turbulent day as well as his appreciation of his supporters.

Kevin Nash also used his official Twitter account to express his gratitude for the Volusia County Detention Center as well.

As previously reported by the Inquisitr, former WWE star Kevin Nash and his teenage son, Tristen, were both booked on battery charges and eventually released without bond.

The statements given from within the family about what exactly happened seem to conflict with one another.

18-year-old Tristen stated that Kevin Nash scolded him about his girlfriend and for being drunk. According to Tristen, his 6’10”, 328-pound father then threw him to the ground by his neck and pinned him down by laying across his chest.

Tristen told the deputy that he was not able to breathe while he was pinned down and temporarily blacked out.

However, that is not the report that Kevin Nash gave the deputy.

According to the man known by many WWE fans as “Diesel,” Tristen was the one that started the fight by spitting on him and striking him with his elbow and shoulder. Kevin did admit that he wrestled his son to the ground, but stated that his sole purpose was to protect his wife from Tristen.

Tamara, Kevin Nash’s wife, actually changed her story. She initially told police that she did not see the fight at all since she was upstairs when it happened. However, she later stated that Tristen was indeed the attacker after Kevin Nash was officially charged with domestic battery.

Michael J. Politis, the family’s attorney, also blamed Tristen for the dispute in his own official statement.

“It’s an unfortunate situation. They’re a good family. I’m hoping the State Attorney’s Office will receive my information and dismiss the charges. The kid was out of control, and the father was defending his wife. I’m pretty confident we will have a resolution in the next couple of months.”

During the prime of his wrestling career in the 1990s, Kevin Nash won multiple championships and was primarily known for his signature move, “The Jackknife Powerbomb.”

[Image Credit: Sports Keeda]