Update: The Interview full movie is now online at YouTube Movies, Google Play and Xbox Video: Here are the links to the full movie, now online on Christmas Eve.
The list of movie theaters announcing their plans to show The Interview movie on Christmas Day is growing, with an estimated 200 movie theaters expected to show The Interview movie on Christmas Day on the heels of Sony’s announcement on December 23. As reported by the Inquisitr, the video-on-demand provider for The Interview movie has not yet been announced; however, the following list of movie theaters will show The Interview movie Christmas Day.
- Alamo Drafthouse, Austin, Texas (4 locations); San Antonio, Texas (2 locations); Houston, Texas; Yonkers, New York; Kansas City, Missouri; Littleton, Colorado; Ashburn, Virginia; Kalamazoo, Missouri; Richardson, Texas; Katy, Texas; Lubbock, Texas; and New Braunfels, Texas.
- Art Theater Co-Op, Champaign, IL
- Cable Car Cinema, Providence, RI
- Caribbean Cinemas, Puerto Rico
- Chalmette Movies, Chalmette, LA
- City Base Cinema, San Antonio
- Eastpoint Movies 10, Baltimore
- Edge 12, Birmingham, AL
- Franklin Theatre, Franklin, TN
- Harkins Theatres, Phoenix
- Hollywood Blvd Cinema, Woodridge IL
- Jasper 8 Theatres, Jasper, IN
- Laemmle Theatre, North Hollywood
- Look Cinemas, Dallas
- Lost Cinema, Tucson, AZ
- Merrill’s Roxy, Burlington, VT
- Michigan Theater, Ann Arbor, MI
- MX Movies, St. Louis
- Nickelodeon Theatre, Columbia, SC
- Penn Cinemas Riverfront, Wilmington, DE
- Plaza Atlanta, Atlanta
- Riverdale 10, Little Rock, AR
- Southside Works Cinema, Pittsburgh
- Terrace Theater, Charleston, SC
- Tower City Cinemas, Cleveland
- Tygart Valley Cinemas, Fairmont, WV
As reported by Deadline, you can check their website for additional movie theaters added onto the list of movie theaters showing The Interview on Christmas Day.
In terms of extra security or special measures being taken by the movie theaters showing The Interview movie on Christmas Day, the Hollywood Reporter states that Sony is leaving security concerns up to individual movie theater owners on the list to provide at their own discretion.
As the list of movie theaters showing The Interview on Christmas Day is expected to grow, movie theater owners like Tim League, CEO of The Alamo Drafthouse, are celebrating the news of the controversial movie’s release.
“At 10:45 a.m. Sony bookers approved screenings at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema and other art-house and independent theaters across the country. This is the best Christmas gift anyone could give us. We, both distributors and exhibitors, have collectively stood firm to our principles and for the right to freedom of expression. Two days till Christmas, and I am proud to be an American.”
By Christmas Eve, the list of movie theaters showing The Interview will undoubtedly grow along with the expressions of happiness from those who believed The Interview movie should’ve never been pulled from movie theaters all along.
[Image credit of The Interview: Columbia]