Kirsten Dunst granted temporary restraining order against French stalker

Kirsten Dunst was granted a temporary restraining order against 51-year-old Jean Christophe Prudhon from Dijon, France.

According to court documents, the man wrote the Spider-Man star over 50 letters and traveled to the U.S. on multiple occasions for a chance to meet her. In one of the letters, he professed his love for Dunst, and in another he said that he sold his home in France just to be able to make more trips to meet the actress.

“I am frightened for my safety, as well as the safety of my family and friends who visit my home,” Dunst wrote in a court filing. “I am worried that Mr. Prudhon will escalate his conduct further, putting myself and my family in danger.”

To make matter’s worse, Prudhon reportedly visited the home of Kirsten Dunst’s mother, Inez Dunst, last week and asked if he could meet with the actress. In the court documents, Inez said she was greatly alarmed by Prudhon’s “visit”.

A judge ruled that Prudhon will have to remain 100 yards away from Kirsten Dunst at all times. A hearing on December 21 will take place to determine whether or not to extend the restraining order to upwards of 3 years.

via TMZ