Street Fighter 5 characters and gameplay have been hinted at in the newly released teaser trailer. Sadly, the teaser announced the game will only be on the PlayStation 4 and PC, as previously reported by the Inquisitr.
Capcom's decision to exclude the Xbox One could give Sony back the definitive lead in the console wars. Microsoft's crowd still has Mortal Kombat X, even though it's not an exclusive.
The teaser gave us glimpses of the game in action as the narrator talked about passion. Other visual hints throughout the video offered a possible list of fighters returning for another round, as well as the return of some of the more powerful moves.
One such example of the Street Fighter 5 gameplay was at one point where long-time staple Ryu performs a Hurricane Kick super move. This tells us that advanced versions of the classic specials are coming back. Ryu is also seen early on possibly preparing for a super counter.
The Street Fighter 5 characters we know about (or were possibly hinted at) from the teaser are listed below.
- Sagat is seen in a piece of graffiti alongside Chun Li.
- Ryu is seen several times in action, and even as art on a smartphone case.
- Ken is being sketched by a possible Capcom artist in detail with his elbow extended, and revealed later getting lightning kicked by Chun Li.
- Chun Li and Guile are shown as coplayers, with the former kicking the latter before we see her posing for battle in Street Fighter 5 gameplay.
- Guile is once again hinted by a sketch-style tattoo.
- Zangief is part of a group sketch alongside Ryu, Ken, and Chun Li.
- Dhalsim and E. Honda are seen in the same sketch when it's colored and finished, alongside the words "25th Anniversary." The 25th Anniversay Street Fighter Collection was released a few years ago, but this could still be a hint. It might also indicate that the ability to choose previous versions of the Street Fighter 5 characters could be back.
- Dudley is seen getting finished by the business end of Chun Li's lightning kick in what appears to be a tournament battle. Again, this could be a hint that he's returning.
- Balrog may be back, according to a vague hint given by scenes of a young boy with boxing gloves and a white shirt, and other boy with a boxing glove running toward the camera.
- Yun may also be back, if the scenes of a skateboarder are another hint. If he is, you can probably expect Yang to return as well.
Who do you want to "rise up" for Capcom's latest sequel in the series?
[Image via Event Hubs]