Earlier this month, Caroline Manzo was reportedly in talks to return to The Real Housewives of New Jersey for the show’s upcoming seventh season. However, according to a new report, Bravo is not on board with the plan.
In mid-November, as the Inquisitr reported, a source claimed Bravo offered Manzo a substantial pay raise in hopes of getting her on board for season seven. “Caroline was offered big money to return, and she agreed!” a source told Hollywood Life, noting there was “no word yet on when she’ll be popping back up.”
Today, December 1, a Reality Tea source denied the report. “A source from Bravo denies that [Caroline Manzo] is back and says she will not return to RHONJ,” the source said.
In October of last year, after leaving the show, Caroline Manzo explained her exit from The Real Housewives of New Jersey in a blog for Bravo TV.
“I’ve always prided myself on being a good example for my children and my decision to leave is based on advice I’ve always given them: ‘Be true to yourself and be proud of who you are, you are born with a name and you die with a name, don’t dirty it up.’ Going back to film another season of Housewives would only make me a hypocrite. For me, peace and integrity cannot be bought with money or fame. I practice what I preach, and as I said on the reunion, I’m done. I simply feel that my role has run its course and I have nothing more to give.”
Then, after her spinoff’s first season wrapped, Radar Online claimed she was returning to her roots.
“Bravo has always liked Caroline,” the source explained, via an Inquisitr report. “They realize with Teresa gone they are going to have to do something to keep viewers intrigued, interested, and tuned in. Bravo wants to ensure the ratings for next season are strong. Caroline always brought Italian-mom realness to the show, which viewers connected with. She also has a big fan base.”
As for what Manzo had decided, the source claimed she was keeping things under wraps. “Caroline always likes to keep people thinking about what her next move will be,” the source said. “If the offer from Bravo is right, Caroline will definitely consider it.”
According to the report, Manzo would also return for a season two of her spinoff. “Manzo’d exceeded Bravo’s expectations ratings-wise and they are definitely interested in another season,” the source noted.
Bravo has yet to release a statement regarding the future of Caroline Manzo’s spinoff, Manzo’d With Children.
[Photo via Instagram]