Republican presidential hopeful Rick Perry appeared on the David Letterman show On Thursday night where he personally delivered the “Top 10 Rick Perry Excuses” for being unable to remember the three federal agencies he would get rid of.
When talking to Letterman during the segment it was funny to hear the GOP contender say so his lost moment of clarity:
“Hey, listen. You try concentrating with Mitt Romney smiling at you. That is one handsome dude.”
You may recall that during his GOP debate Perry could only remember two of the three agencies he would get rid of if elected president.
In case you were curious he would eliminate the Commerce, Education and Energy departments.
Here’s the video of Perry listing his Top 10 Excuses:
In case you can’t watch the video here they are in reverse order:
- 10. “Actually there were three reasons I messed up last night. One was the nerves, two was the headache and three was, and three, uh, uh. Oops.”
- 9. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I think things went well.”
- 8. “Hey, I was up late last night watching `Dancing With the Stars.’”
- 7. “I thought the debate was tonight.”
- 6. “Hey, listen. You try concentrating with Mitt Romney smiling at you. That is one handsome dude.”
- 5. “Uh, el nino?”
- 4. “I had a five-hour energy drink six hours before the debate.”
- 3. “I really hoped to get on my favorite talk show, but instead I ended up here.”
- 2. “Hey, I wanted to help take the heat off my buddy Herman Cain.”
- 1. “I just learned Justin Bieber is my father.”
What did you think of the “Top 10 Excuses” list from Rick Perry?