The Cobb County Police Department arrested a young couple after their son nearly died from alcohol poisoning. On Saturday, October 4, the 2-year-old toddler’s parents, Jasmin Briana Moore and William Chester Hickson, allegedly gave him a mixed alcoholic beverage consisting of Coca Cola and 40-proof brandy. Authorities reported that the boy was found unresponsive. He had also stopped breathing before he was rushed to Children Healthcare of Atlanta.
The police department reported that the child’s blood alcohol level was 0.29, which is three times the legal limit for an adult in the state of Georgia. On Monday, October 6, the police department arrested Hickson, and Moore was taken into custody two days later.
According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, their arrest warrants chronicled the entire ordeal in detail.
“Said accused did give the victim, a 2-year-old male child, a mixed alcoholic beverage which consisted of Coca-Cola and 40 proof Paul Masson Brandy, or said accused had knowledge that said child was drinking said alcoholic beverage and allowed the child to continue drinking in the presence of said accused.”
Moore and Hickson have been charged with cruelty to children in the first degree. They are currently being held in the Cobb County jail on $75,000 bond each as of Friday, October 10. No further details have been released about the child’s condition.
[Image via Bing]