Do you think that Destiny's Crucible multiplayer is unbalanced? You haven't seen anything yet. The Iron Banner event has launched for the PlayStation and Xbox versions of the sci-fi shooter and here's all of the weapons, armor, bounties and more that will be part of the week-long event.
Forge your legend in the fires of the Crucible. http://t.co/kcTE5JfqrjThe Iron Banner launches at 5 a.m. ET Tuesday, October 7 and runs through October 14. Electing to join the playlist starts by finding Lord Saladin in the same area that the Queen's Emissary was located for the Queen's Wrath event. This is through the doors opposite the Traveler in the Tower.
— Bungie (@Bungie) October 7, 2014
This also means choosing to step into multiplayer battles with all of the level and equipment advantages enabled. In regular Crucible matches, everything is even minus the weapon and ability perks for each character.
Long story short, you want to max out your character and equipment. If you're still running around with a low-level character and uncommon or rare gear, prepare for a rough time unless Bungie tweaks the matchmaking to keep the player levels similar.
Like the Queen's Wrath event, you'll need to go to participate to get rewarded with reputation levels. Reach rank one to unlock Iron Banner emblems and shaders to equip during online matches. Reach rank two to unlock Iron Banner class items. Finally, reach rank three to unlock the Iron Banner Armor Items. Each item equipped also provides a 10 percent boost in reputation at every level.
DestinyDB helpfully dug out all of the weapons, armor, items, and bounties that will be available during the Iron Banner. Remember that while you earn reputation from competing in the event, you also need to pick up the bounties that are available to rank up even faster. Also, be aware that Destiny will be unavailable for "several hours" on Tuesday, October 7 starting at 10 a.m. ET / 7 a.m. PT while Bungie applies a hot fix patch.
Iron Banner Weapons
- Efrideet's Spear – Sniper Rifle
- Felwinter's Lie – Shotgun
- Gheleon's Demise – Scout Rifle
- Jolder's Hammer – Machine Gun
- Perun's Fire – Fusion Rifle
- Radegast's Fury – Rocket Launcher
- Silimar's Wrath – Auto Rifle
- Skorri's Revenge – Pulse Rifle
- Timur's Lash – Hand Cannon
- Jolder's Iron Sash (Titan Mark)
- Mantle of Gheleon (Hunter Cloack)
- Skorri's Iron Bond (Warlock Bond)
- Radegast's Iron Sash (Titan Mark – not purchasable)
- Mantle of Efrideet (Hunter Cloak – not purchasable)
- Timor's Iron Bond (Warlock Bond – not purchasable)
- Anvil of Light – Defeat 50 Guardians while competing in the Iron Banner, with the Iron Banner Class, Emblem and Shader items equipped.
- Exacting Measures – Earn 15 Headshot Sprees while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Focused Aggression – Defeat 50 Guardians with Auto Rifle headshots while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Hard Forged – Earn 10000 XP while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Heavy Metal – Earn 15 Machine Gun Sprees while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Iron Embrace – Defeat 20 Guardians with a close quarters melee attack while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Iron Wrath – Defeat 10 Guardians without dying while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Of Iron Made – Win 3 Iron Banner matches with the Iron Banner Class, Emblem and Shader items equipped.
- Rise Above – Complete an Iron Banner match with the highest score.
- The Chaos and the Calm – Defeat 30 Guardians with machine gun headshots while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.