Texas Ebola Patient Facing Prosecution In Liberia

The Texas Ebola patient is now reportedly facing prosecution in Liberia after allegedly lying on his airport questionnaire about not having contact with any infected personnel while in the country.

According to ABC 7 Eyewitness News, the first confirmed U.S. Ebola patient has been identified as Thomas Eric Duncan, and upon leaving Liberia he was given an airport questionnaire to fill out that required him to answer questions about his health and activities before leaving on his journey to Dallas. According to a form dated September 19, obtained by The Associated Press, Duncan answered no to all of the questions on the questionnaire and then allowed to make the trip.

One of the questions that was on the form given to Duncan reportedly asked whether or not Duncan had cared for or otherwise touched the body of anyone who had been either infected or died in an area affected by Ebola. He answered no, and now the Ministry of Justice is looking to prosecute him for lying according to the New York Post.

“We expect people to do the honorable thing,” said Binyah Kesselly, chairman of the board of directors of the Liberia Airport Authority in Monrovia.

According to ABC 7 Eyewitness News, neighbors in the Liberian capital believe that Duncan first became infected when he helped a sick, pregnant woman into a taxi a few weeks ago before setting off with her to find treatment.

Since Duncan was first diagnosed with Ebola, it is believed that some 80 or so people have been exposed to the Ebola virus, according to a previous report by The Inquisitr. Reports from earlier today stated that the Dallas county health and human services has confirmed that at least 80 people came into contact with Duncan and or his family, and the number could continue to rise.

Texas health commissioner David Lakey reportedly told Reuters that because of the nature of the Ebola virus, they are trying to protect the public the best they can.

“We have tried and true protocols to protect the public and stop the spread of this disease. This order gives us the ability to monitor the situation in the most meticulous way.”

In an earlier breaking story by The Inquisitr, two more possible cases of Ebola were announced, this time in Kentucky. The report stated that two patients have been hospitalized with Ebola-like symptoms, according to Fayette County health Department officials. Doctors quickly quarantined the possible Ebola patients as a precaution.

[Image by Creations/Shutterstock.com]