Rockstar Games released title update 1.17 to Grand Theft Auto V for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on Thursday. While it doesn’t bring features that fans have been clamoring for like “heists” or “zombies,” it does allow GTA V owners to create their own Last Man Standing jobs, adds new weapons and vehicles, plus comes with a slew of fixes for GTA Online.
— Rockstar Games (@RockstarGames) October 2, 2014
Title update 1.17 for GTA V is officially titled The Last Team Standing Update and brings the Heavy Shotgun and Marksman Rifle to the Ammu-Nation store shelves. You’ll also find over 30 pieces of new gear to purchase in clothing stores such as Masks, Tops, Pants, Bulletproof Helmets, and more. The Bulletproof Helmet in particular comes in five different colors and offers some protection against headshots.
There are a total of ten new Last Team Standing jobs added with this update, but you can now create your own too. Last Team Standing is now part of the Creator Mode with this GTA V update. You can create jobs based on the game mode with some new settings that apply to other game modes as well. You now have the ability to set a number of rounds for Last Team Standing and Capture Jobs plus you can also turn on a “Forced Weapon” setting to limit weapons to a single type, such as snipers.
A new crotch rocket motorcycle, the Shitzu Hakuchou, and the LCC Innovation chopper are two of the new vehicle options for GTA V with this update and can be found at Southern San Andreas Super-Autos. The third is the Canis Kalahari Topless. There’s also a new ride in the Lampadati Furore GT to be found at Legendary Motorsport.
The list of updates and fixes with the GTA V 1.17 title update is exceedingly lengthy. Exploits have been fixed, bugs have been squashed, and some new features have been added such as synchronizing Job voting screens and adding a lobby queuing system. A partial list of the top changes is below but head over to this Rockstar Support page to see the full list. And yes, you can expect all of these to be present in the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC release for GTA V.
- The Creators section has now been expanded to include the new Last Team Standing (LTS) Creator. This new option will be available alongside the Races, Deathmatch, and Capture Creators.
- An option has been added to the phone which allows players to disable Snapmatic’s “Quick launch” being activated by double tapping up on the D-pad.
- A ‘Rounds’ option has been added to Capture and LTS creators to allow players to play a ‘First to Win’ series of matches. This can be set to 1 – 7 rounds.
- A new ‘Random Job’ option has been added to the booting screen to allow players to get straight into Jobs.
- A new vehicle has been added to Legendary Motorsport: Lampadati Furore GT.
- Three new vehicles have been added to Southern San Andreas Super-Autos: LCC Innovation, Shitzu Hakuchou, Canis Kalahari Topless.
- Two new weapons have been added to Ammu-Nation: Heavy Shotgun, Marksman Rifle
- 20 new ‘Flags of the World’ themed parachute bags have been added to Ammu-Nation in GTA Online only.
- Over 30 new team themed clothing items, including outfits, have been added to clothes stores for both male and female characters in GTA Online.
- New Bulletproof Helmets in 5 different colors have been made available in clothes stores. The Helmet will give players limited protection against headshots.
- Two new masks have been added to Vespucci Movie Masks: Combat Mask, Skeletal.
- A large range of new LTS Jobs have been added: Tataviam Truckstop, Storm Drain, Skyscraper, Paleto Bay, N.O.O.S.E, Mount Josiah, Hawick, Grand Banks, Del Perro Freeway, Alta.
- Fixed an issue where some players were unable to place Crew Emblems on some types of Jackets.
New Features / Updates
- An option has been added in the Pause Menu (Online > Options > Enable Matchmaking after Next Job vote screen) to enable players to remain as the Host after voting on the Next Job Voting Screen. For additional details, see: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/203610186
- A Lobby queueing system has been added to allow players to join lobbies or lobby queues when a session is full.
- Players using the On-call functionality now have a small chance to be instantly made Host for their lobby in order to increase the speed of getting into Jobs.
- On-call players will now be notified when the Host of their Job launches the Job.
- Players are now able to go On-call for activities (Arm-Wrestling, Darts, Golf etc.).
- Players are now able to Quick Match with friends or alone to activities (Arm-Wrestling, Darts, Golf etc.) using the option in the phone.
- Players are now able to switch their Parachute canopies via the Interaction menu.
- Pegasus vehicles now despawn faster if the player that owns them is far away from them.
- A ‘Claim All’ option has been added on the Mors Mutual phone menu to allow players to claim multiple cars at the same time.
- A notification now appears at the start of Races stating how many laps there will be.
- A short confirmation message has been added at the end of a successful UGC Deathmatch test to confirm that it can now be published. This brings it into line with the other Creators.
- Players who have had Muggers set on them may no longer be mugged again until a short cooldown has expired.
- Players inside Jets, Planes, or Helicopters will now been shown on the mini-map with a small Jet, Plane, or Helicopter icon.
- Double tapping up to activate Snapmatic’s “Quick Launch” in Story Mode has been removed.
- The maximum bet players can place has been raised from GTA $2,500 to GTA $10,000.
- All Awards gained in the Weapons category of the Awards menu have now been merged into the Combat category. The Weapons Award menu has now been removed.
- A new menu has been introduced in the Barber’s shop to make it faster and easier to use.
- Team balancing is now on by default for LTS Jobs and is no longer an option to the host of the Job.
- A lobby-wide feed notification has been added for players who use the Lester Ability “Off the Radar”.
- The benefit to the Flying Skill has been reduced slightly when completing Flight School Jobs.
- Cash and RP for LTS Jobs have been rebalanced. This is to ensure that all LTS Jobs pay out a fair reward in relation to the mission difficulty and amount of time taken.
[Images via Rockstar Games]