The highly anticipated 1.02 patch for Destiny has officially gone live and is being pushed out to servers on Microsoft and Sony platforms. In addition to Destiny also receiving a fix for the troubled loot system, the Destiny companion app for iOS and Android has also received a big update to make the experience smoother.
The official Bungie news site gave the details of the Destiny 1.02 update, which The Inqusitr reported on previously.
According to the post from Bungie, “With this patch, we address some widely discussed concerns with how Engrams are earned and claimed. Strikes have become more rewarding, and the rewards gained from them are more predictable. Also affected is the rotation of maps that appear in the Crucible.”
One of the biggest changes in the 1.02 fixes is the way in which Destiny handles giving rewards for activities such as the Strike Playlist and Daily Heroic Missions. Another much needed fix was the end of random decryptions from the Cryptarch in the game.
During play in Destiny, defeating an enemy will occasionally cause a shiny ball to drop which is color coded for its quality: White for the common, green for uncommon, blue for rare, and purple for legendary. The issue was that just because a rare blue orb dropped, you did not always receive a rare item from it. When you took it to the Cryptarch for unlocking, he could just as easily give you the less desirable green variety. The 1.02 Destiny patch fixes it so that the loot that is unlocked will always be the same, if not better, as the color of the drop. In other words, a rare blue loot drop, will always contain a piece of rare armor or a rare weapon.
The companion app for Destiny also received a much needed overhaul. On the official Bungie news posts it is stated that the changes include much easier navigation of the exposition heavy Grimoire cards the play unlocks throughout the game. Raid progress is also listed for weekly status. The biggest change to the Destiny companion comes in the department of help and support. Forum topics that have been addressed by an official Mentor or Bungie employee will now display a badge indicating the topic has received some sort of official attention.
The complete list of changes in the Destiny 1.02 patch and the Destiny companion app are listed below for easy reference:
Destiny 1.02 Patch Notes:
- Legendary (purple) engrams will always produce a Legendary quality item or higher
- Note: Legendary engrams that exist in your inventory will change to Rare quality items when the patch is applied. However, decoding these engrams will still produce the same results as before
- Rare (blue) engrams will always produce a Rare quality item or higher
- Chance for Legendary gear increased
- Materials: Ascendant Shards and Ascendant Energy promoted to Legendary quality (from Rare quality)
- Rare (Blue) and Legendary (Purple) Engram drops added to the potential rewards for:
- Vanguard: Tiger Strike Playlist
- Daily Heroic Missions (first time per day)
- Weekly Heroic Missions (first time per week)
- Known issues
- When selecting a higher difficulty for daily missions, XP Bonus not show in the reward display
- You will still get the XP bonus, you just won’t see it in the UI
- Reduced time limit on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash from 15 to 12 minutes, bringing them in line with non-vehicle maps in those playlists
- Lowered weighting on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash so they appear less often in those playlists
Destiny Companion App Update:
- Grimoire Update: It is easier to review cards and see your in-game bonus progress
- Help section has been updated to make it easier to search for articles and browse for newly resolved issues
- Clan names now appear in game for accounts set to private on Bungie.net
- Raid Advisor now shows weekly boss progress
- Forum topics replied to by a Mentor or Bungie Employee now display a badge
- Page loading in Internet Explorer is no longer slow for AJAX pages
- Sign-in will keep you on the page you were browsing
- Group Probation message displays the appropriate times
- Team scores are available for team-based games
- The Tower will now more correctly indicate vendors with whom you have business
Image Source | Bungie