Hulk Hogan just did a Leg Drop on the owners of the Hogan’s Beach restaurant, which some people were claiming had a “racist” dress code that appeared to target black people. But just how bad could it be?
In a related report by The Inquisitr, Hulk Hogan has long said that John Cena would be his dream match, but it turns out the Face of the WWE has a bromance with Austin, Hogan, and even Sting. But everyone knows that Hogan is getting a bit old to be climbing into the ring for a match, and even though Hogan wants a WrestleMania 31 match, he admits his TNA matches were “embarrassing.”
When TMZ ran an article about the controversial dress code at Hogan’s Beach in Florida, the title of the story was “Hulk Hogan’s Restaurant — Don’t Dress Like a Black Guy… Brotha.” The controversy generated by the article caused the Hulkster to look into the matter and TMZ says he decided to kill the sign.
“Hulk — who doesn’t own the eatery but licenses his name to it — tells us he called the restaurant’s managers personally… and demanded the sign be taken down — permanently… and they agreed. Hogan says the dress code was modeled after ones used at Las Vegas and Miami pool parties — He says it was never meant to be racist, but understands some people take it that way… so he 86’d it.”
But is this supposedly “racist” dress code as bad as we are being led to believe? Here are the list of rules in their entirety.
– NO Plain White T-Shirts (or otherwise oversized T-Shirts extending past the mid-thigh)
– NO Attire Containing Profanity (or otherwise deemed to be offensive by management)
– NO Sports or Sleeveless Jerseys
– NO Excessively Baggy Attire
– NO Low Hanging Pants or Shorts (pants or shorts must be worn at the waist)
– NO hats, caps or visors worn sideways or back facing (hats must be worn fully forward facing at all times)
– NO Do-Rags, Skull Caps or Bandanas
– NO Torn or Soiled Clothing
– NO Workboots
– NO Oversized or Excessive Jewelry
– NO Workout Clothing (including tracksuits, jumpsuits, sweatpants, basketball, gym or mesh shorts)
– NO Camouflage (unless with military ID)
– NO High-Top Sneakers
This is a beach party and beach attire is required!
Do you think the dress code at Hulk Hogan’s restaurant was purposefully racist or not?