Bungie updated Destiny on Tuesday with an all new event for PlayStation and Xbox owners. The Queen’s Wrath is now live. It’s not a new set of missions, however, but a new set of bounties with the chance to earn unique loot.
The set of doors opposite the Traveler in the Tower have opened up for this event. There you’ll see a ship, and at the end of the walkway an emissary of the Queen. She’s not the one giving away the bounties, though. She’s selling weapons, armors, emblems, and shaders. You’ll need to earn Queen’s Favor to purchase these items, however.
Report to the Tower immediately, Guardian. The Queen’s emissary will see you now. Her wrath will not go unanswered. pic.twitter.com/dv5S54WCDf
— Bungie (@Bungie) September 23, 2014
To earn Queen’s Favor, head over to everyone’s favorite Bounty Tracker Robot Vendor. You’ll see a rotating set of six bounties available to purchase there spread across Story, Strike, and Patrol Missions, plus Crucible Matches.
These are the first set of Bounties that are available today, Tuesday, September 23.
- Her Willful Gaze – Defeat 20 Guardian’s with Scout Rifle headshots.
- By Thy Hand – Defeat 20 Guardian’s with Hand Cannon headshots.
- Relic Harvest – Fallen – Collect 200 Ether Drops from Fallen enemies on any planet.
- Extermination Protocol – Defeat 200 Fallen with headshots
- Archon Slayer – Defeat Riksis, the Devil Archon in the Cosmodrome on Earth.
- Last Days of Winter – Defeat Draksis, Winter Kell, in the Scourge of Winter on Venus.
There are more bounties coming though, according to DestinyDB. The following is all of the Queen’s Wrath Bounties that will be available for each gametype.
- Archon Slayer -Defeat Riksis, the Devil Archon, in the Cosmodrome on Earth.
- Last Day of Winter – Scorge of Winter – Defeat Draksis, Winter Kell, in the Scourge of Winter on Venus.
- A Perfect Strike – Complete a Level 26 Vanguard Strike without dying.
- A Perfect Strike – Complete a level 28 playlist Strike without dying.
- Prime Target – Defeat Sepiks Prime, deep within the Cosmodrome on Earth.
- Extermination Protocol – Defeat 200 Fallen with headshots. (Strikes and Story Missions too)
- Face Your Fears – Defeat 3 Fallen Walkers (Tip: Patrol is best for this. Go to Devil Lair area or wait for Devil Walker Public Event)
- No Parley – Defeat 10 Fallen Majors. (Strikes and Story Missions too)
- Relic Harvest – Fallen – Collect 200 Ether Drops from Fallen Enemies on any planet. (Strike and Story Missions too)
- By Thy Hand – Defeat 20 Guardians with Hand Cannon headshots.
- For Her Honor – Win 3 Crucible Matches with the Queen’s Class, Emblem and Shader items equipped.
- Her Willful Gaze – Defeat 20 Guardians with Scout Rifle headshots.
- Off With Their Heads -Defeat 15 Guardians with Sniper Rifle headshots.
- Warrior of the Reef – Defeat 50 Guardians with the Queen’s Class, Emblem and Shader items equipped.
For the Face Your Fears strike to defeat three Fallen Walkers, I suggest checking out this piece for The Inquisitr that helps explain when and where Public Events occur during Patrols.
The current rewards being sold by The Queen’s Emissary include the following.
- Two Shaders
- One class specific armor item
- Auto Rifle – Her Right Hand (Level 20 – Rare)
- Vesta Noblese – Scout Rifle (Level 20 – Rarre)
- Merciless – Hand Cannon (Level 20 – Rare)
RadiantViper on Reddit has already discovered Legendary items within the game. He was given a “Kill Mission” to complete in the destination selection screen above the daily Crucible match and Heroic Strikes. Once completed, he received the Queen’s Guard Plate for his Titan.
For those wondering, the “Kill Mission” was a Level 24 Story Mission with an “Epic” modifier.
What do you think about the Queen’s Wrath event for Destiny? Are events like these enough to keep you interested? Let us know in the comments below.
[Update: Bungie provided an infographic on the Queen’s Wrath missions. Parts of it have been added to this article.]