With the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus now available for sale in the United States, Australia and other markets around the world, the focus now turns to apps on the phones.
CNN put together a list of what it said were the six must-have apps for the new iPhones, along with descriptions of why.
- Vainglory: The formerly exclusive iPad app is now available for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus and has a large multiplayer interface. CNN reports that the app will be available in southeast Asia, New Zealand and Australia in October and globally in December. The app is appealing due to its amazing graphics that pop on the newest iPhone models.
- Snapseed: The app takes advantage of the iPhone 6’s 8-megapixel camera and is a fantastic photo editing tool. CNN reports that it has filters a la Instragram and has extensive, easy-to-use tools.
- Kindle: The Amazon eReader app has new features specific to iOS8 and allows you to copy and paste text from the book, as well as translate copy to a different language.
- Swype: This app allows you to do what many Android devices have allowed for years, and that is swiping to type out texts or browse the web.
- Asphalt 8: CNN said this app is one of the best mobile car/racing apps around. The app is already optimized for the iOS 8 and takes advantage of the phone’s improved graphic and processor.
- 1Password: It is pretty simple to understand based on the title. The app creates multiple passwords for your accounts, but then allows you to access the accounts using a single password accessible through the app.
For the more than one million people who have gotten their hands on the new iPhones (myself included), this list of apps could help with improving productivity or just letting off some steam after a long day.
Value Walk has its own list of the best apps for iPhone 6, including hipmunk. The app helps customers save money on travel and “even alternative forms of accommodation. Well worth downloading if you are a regular [traveler].”
Tell us, have you taken the plunge and purchased one of the new iPhones? And if so, did you have to wait in line or in the case of some New Yorkers, pay someone to wait in line for you to get your hands on the latest iPhone? Tell us your story in the comments section below.
[Image via Screenshot]