The Sims 4 released to Windows PC this past week and, even though reviews are mixed, players are uncovering cheat codes already. Find out how you can give your Sims more money and invulnerability or just make various in-game objects gigantic.
To enter cheat commands in The Sims 4, you need to first bring up the command console by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + C. You’ll now be able to enter various cheat codes to get yourself ahead. We’ve noticed collections of cheat codes from various sources and this first set comes courtesy of Cinema Blend.
- help – Outputs all commands available to the player in the command console.
- death.toggle – Toggles the true/false value of death – when off, death is disabled and no sims will die.
- freeRealEstate [on/off] – Only available to enter when in neighborhood/world. When toggled on, home purchases are free. When toggled off, homes costs the usual amount.
- fullscreen – Toggles The Sims 4 full screen mode, on or off.
- headlineEffects [on/off] – Disables “headline” effects including plumbobs, thought balloons, etc. so as to not obscure the player’s view.
- kaching – Adds 1000 Simoleons to the active household’s funds.
- motherlode – Adds 50,000 Simoleons to the active household’s funds.
- resetSim [FirstName] [LastName] – Resets the selected Sim’s name..
- rosebud – Adds 1000 Simoleons to the active household’s funds.
In addition to these commands, you can type in “testing cheats true” to enable the following commands found by Reddit user TwistedMexi.
- death.toggle [true|false]
- fire.toggle [true|false] appears to work. Will not extinguish existing fires.
- sims.Spawn – spawns sim and adds them to your household.
- sims.spawnsimple spawns sim without adding to household.
- stats.disable_all_commodities | stats.enable_all_commodities
- sims.remove_all_buffs – Removes all moodlets
- sims.get_sim_id_by_name – gets simID, may be good for other commands.
- money <amount> – sets money to exact amount.
- sims.modify_funds <(-)amount> – adds or subtracts from funds.
- sims.hard_reset = forces user to default position.
- autonomy.show_queue – prints to console but doesn’t seem to show anything useful.
- debug.enable_woohoo [true|false]
- debug.enable_wedding [true|false]
- autonomy.ambient [on|off] / walkby.toggle
- autonomy.household [on|off]
- objects.consumables_infinite_toggle [true|false] – This makes all consumables have infinite quantities (i.e. cake that never ends.)
- cas.fulleditmode [true|false] (already known but in case someone didn’t know)
The “testingcheats” command also enables other cheats when you hold down shift and click on a Sim or an object. The following possibilities are also open.
Shift-Click on Sims
- Reset Object – Resets the sim.
- Add to Family – Add the selected sim to the current household family.
- Cheat Motive, Make Happy – Fills all motive/need bars and give the Happy Mood.
- Cheat Motive, Enable Motive Decay – Motives/needs change normally.
- Cheat Motive, Disable Motive Decay – Motives/needs freeze.
- Modify in CAS – Edit in CAS, except name and inherited traits.
Shift-Click on Objects
- Reset Object – Resets the object.
- Make Dirty – If the object can become dirty, it will.
- Make Clean – If the object is dirty, becomes clean.
Shift-Click on Ground
- Teleport Sim – Immediately teleports sim to selected position.
There’s also what is likely the single best cheat in the game, making Godzilla-size objects. To enlarge an object, select it and then press Shift + ].
— Lazy Game Reviews (@lazygamereviews) September 2, 2014
Be warned though that making objects gigantic can lead to some problems. PC Gamer discovered, “if an item is large enough, your sims basically won’t be able to move. Also, leaving your lot and then re-entering it will automatically sell any placed items the larger one is overlapping.”
How are you enjoying The Sims 4 so far? Let us know if these cheats help in the comments below.
[Image via PC Gamer]