Glazer Plane Crash Near Jamaica Blamed On Hypoxia, Coast Guard Assumes Flight N900KN Has Sunk

The investigation of the Glazer plane crash is on-going, but initial reports are claiming that Larry Glazer and wife, Jane, were killed in the crash off the coast of Jamaica after suffering from hypoxia. The Jamaican Coast Guard also says that the plane may have sunk.

In a related report by The Inquisitr, Flight N900KN was from Rochester, N.Y. and was bound for Naples, FL when it suddenly became unresponsive and was being tracked by North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). Two F-16 NORAD fighter jets were sent to escort the aircraft at 10:40 a.m. and they handed off monitoring duties at around 11:30 a.m. EDT to two F-15 fighters from Homestead Air Reserve Base, Homestead, FL which escorted the aircraft until it entered Cuban airspace.

The last known communication with the pilot before the Glazer plane crash took place was when Mr. Glazer contacted Atlanta air controllers to report a problem on board. He can be heard saying, “We have an indication that is not correct on the plane.” Glazer asked for permission to descend from 28,000 to 18,000 feet but at 25,000 feet the plane leveled off while waiting for controllers to give permission for a lower flight. The controllers did give permission, and the pilot acknowledged, but afterwards the Glazers stopped communicating. The two fighter jets noted that the windows of the plane were notably frosted over and the passengers were slumped over.

Robert Engel, an aviation expert, says these signs indicate the Glazer plane crash was caused by hypoxia, which is when your brain cannot function due to lack of oxygen.

“The descent in altitude is a common practice if you are in an emergency; get lower and get near the ground. With the frozen windows, we are always talking about a decompression, whether it is a rapid decompression or a slow decompression. Frost on the windows indicates that the temperature inside is the same as the external temperature.”

Unfortunately, this information potentially means the two passengers may have already been dead before the plane crash in Jamaica’s water took place. “Within a few seconds, you will be unconscious and then over time thereafter, your brain will stop functioning and your heart will stop functioning, and the heart will stop,” said Dr. Anthony Pietropaoli, a pulmonary and critical care specialist at the University of Rochester Medical Center. But the U.S. fighter pilots noted that they could the Glazer’s were still breathing the last time they saw them.

“I can see his chest rising and falling right before I left,” one said. “It was the first time we could see that he was actually breathing. It may be a deal where, depending on how fast they meet them, he may regain consciousness once the aircraft starts descending for fuel…”

The U.S. Coast Guard had been searching the site of the Glazer plane crash but Jamaica Coast Guard Commander Antonette Wemyss-Gorman said by Saturday afternoon the debris spotted off the coast on Friday evening could no longer be seen. “We would have to assume it may have sunk,” she said. It’s beleived the American plane has sunk to a depth of more than 6,500 feet and the Jamaican military spotted an oil slick floating on the surface of the ocean in the area where the Glazer plane crash is thought to have occurred.

At one point, reports claimed it was possible there were three passengers but son Rick Glazer claims his parents were the only two people on board. The family has released a statement.

“We are devastated by the tragic and sudden loss of our parents, Jane and Larry Glazer. They loved and appreciated the opportunity to help build the community of Rochester, and we thank everyone in the community for their expressions of support. We understand that there are many questions yet to be answered about today’s events, and we too are awaiting answers. At this time, we would appreciate the ability to mourn privately.Thank you for your understanding.”

The investigation of the Glazer plane crash is on-going and a final determination for the cause of the accident has not been released.