Beware, ladies and gentlemen, for the sharks are back, Jack! If you recall, almost exactly a year ago, the critically un-acclaimed “Sharknado: Enough Said!” aired on the Syfy channel to much shock, dismay and outright laughter. Well, folks, “Sharknado” is back, but this time in the form of “Sharknado 2: The Second One.” The creativity of the title itself is remarkable, is it not?
This time the sharks attack New York City, where once again Ian Ziering and Tara Reid team up (alongside Vivica A. Fox, Kari Wuhrer and Mark McGrath) to defeat them. Other than that, the film remains nearly the exact same as its predecessor, in that the craziness might leave many of you feeling either completely shocked or rolling over the floor in uncontrollable laughter.
For instance, everyone knows that snakes sometimes appear on planes. However, did you know that sharks too like to fly? Oh, yes! According to Zap2it, the film in fact starts with Ian Ziering’s character Fin noticing a shiver of sharks flying alongside his flight to New York City:
“Eventually and inevitably, the shark hits the fan. Engines go out, sharks squish like bugs on the windshield, people get sucked out into the shark-infested night and particularly well-aimed sharks eat all of the cameos.”
R.I.P. at the many cameos who perished when “Sharknado 2” premiered last night on Syfy!
According to an in-depth report (“Sharknado 2: The Movie’s 10 Greatest Lessons”) issued by Vox, the film also contains ridiculously advanced prosthetic devices. How so? One of the main characters receives a prosthetic hand that comes with (wait for it) a shark-killing circular saw. Yes, a saw hand. And FYI, no, such devices do not yet exist!
Below is a list of other shockers you should expect to see when you watch the film:
- Zap2it reports that a host of the ABC show “Shark Tank” gets eaten by (wait for it) a shark!
- ABC talk-show host Kelly Ripa fights a shark on the set of her show, “Live With Kelly and Michael.”
- Miley Cyrus’ father Billy Ray Cyrus plays the role of a surgeon (extra shocking).
- Legendary rapper Biz Markie stabs a shark.
- Perez Hilton eats a Subway sandwich.
- A woman uses a taser to ward off an attacking shark.
- And last but not least, Al Roker and Matt Lauer defeat a shark with (wait for it) an umbrella!
“Sharknado 2” is literally brimming with such wackiness, so in case you missed the premiere, be sure to catch the next encore!
Image via [Google Images]