Prime Minister David Cameron: ‘No Stone Left Unturned’ In UK Child Sex Abuse Cover-Up Investigation

Regarding the investigation into child sex abuse by British politicians during the 1980s, Prime Minister David Cameron has vowed to leave ‘no stone unturned.’

Allegations of child sex abuse from decades ago were investigated in 2013 by the Interior Ministry, Theresa May told the British parliament. May said that an independent review of the 2013 investigations is underway, but the analysis from that panel in not likely to come back until after the British national election next May. The panel will look into allegations of sex abuse and a conspiracy cover-up within organizations that included health services, religious leaders, political parties and the BBC.

According to Reuters, there has been no evidence to substantiate the claims of a child sex abuse conspiracy within the political sphere yet.

The key piece of evidence is a large file that contained major allegations. That file, according to IBT, was given to then Home Secretary Lord Leon Brittan in the 1980s. The file was handed over, allegedly, by the Conservative MP Geoffrey Dickens. The file containing the evidence has gone missing.

British Prime Minister David Cameron.

The file contained documents about an unnamed politician that was found in possession of child sex videos. That politician was reported to have been stopped by Customs in the 1980s. Customs found the videos which contained pedophilia videos of children that were under 12-years-old and discussed the findings with someone on Operation Fernbridge, an investigation into alleged child sex crimes. Allegedly, the unnamed politician stopped by Customs wasn’t arrested or charged.

The missing file also contained even more information about an “Elm Guest House,” where child sex abuse was said to have occurred at the hands of elite politicians.

David Cameron has ordered the Home Office’s senior official to investigate the sex abuse allegations and 2013 investigation. Cameron, according to Reuters, said, “Three things need to happen: Robust inquiries that get to truth; police investigations that pursue the guilty and find out what has happened; and proper lessons learned so we make sure these things cannot happen again.”

One of former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher’s advisers fueled the fear over a child sex abuse cover-up by stating the possibility existed. Norman Tebbit, a former British conservative minister, revealed on Sunday, “At that time I think most people would have thought that the establishment, the system, was to be protected.” Tebbit said that it was considered more important to protect the system.

“You hope they are going to take it seriously and give it the resources and powers to actually get to the bottom of it,” Jon Bird, a 56-year-old who was raped when he was four-years old, said. Bird works with the National Association of People Abused in Childhood. He hopes that a complete investigation is finally completed, but added, “So far it is just words.”

[Photo by the UK Department for International Development]