For all you Rico Suave cook types, the meal that John Favreau made to sensually seduce Scarlett Johansson in the movie Chef was just released!
In a related report by The Inquisitr, the movie Chef opened to rave reviews, and we were able to get two exclusive interviews with two of their stars: Jon Favreau and John Leguizamo. Prior to their roles in the popular food truck film, Favreau was playing “Happy” in the Iron Man Trilogy and is set to direct the live version of the Disney film, The Jungle Book. John Leguizamo had fun playing his part in the popular buddy-buddy cop film starring Ice Cube and Kevin Hart, Ride Along.
The cooking blog Food & Wine wrote an article titled “How to Seduce Scarlett Johansson with Spaghetti.” For those who seen Chef already, Favreau plays Casper, the head chef at a restaurant who can’t seem to get a break with his ingenuity, and Johansson plays Molly, the hostess of the restaurant Casper works at. It is established that they are both attracted to each other but mutually agree not to pursue their longing for each other. Therefore, they blow off the steam from their emotional tension in other ways. Casper does it with cooking.
This is best expressed in the scene when Molly is waiting provocatively in bed while Casper prepares a meal that resembles a simple spaghetti dish. Once it is ready to serve, he gives a serving to Molly who expresses sheer ecstasy once she tastes the flavors in her mouth. I know it is overkill on the details but it helps sell the point. And now, the recipe for the dish, called Pasta Aglio e Olio (with Garlic and Oil), is available. I provided the recipe below.
Chef‘s Pasta Aglio e Olio (with Garlic and Oil)
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 large garlic cloves, cut into thin slivers
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for serving.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add the spaghetti, cooking until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, reserving a little of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown. Add the crushed red pepper and season with salt and pepper. Add the drained spaghetti to the pan and toss, adding a little of the pasta water, until the spaghetti is thoroughly coated.
- Remove the pan from heat, add the parsley and Parmesan and toss well. Check for flavor, adding more salt if necessary. Add the lemon juice, garnish with more Parmesan and serve with lemon wedges and crushed red pepper.
We can thank famous chef Roy Choi, who created all the film’s dishes, for this spaghetti recipe. Choi calls the dish “transcendence through a handful of ingredients” and makes it every Sunday night at home. Favreau personally asked for it for the film so that Casper could impress Molly. Choi allows it and simply states:
“He knew it would get her where he wanted her.”
Now the title’s claim by itself sounds unrealistic, but according to Men’s Health, food is considered one of the top methods to seduce your woman. Add that along with wine and conversation, it could lead to something far more romantic. The article even says the mating game usually begins at the dinner table.
[Images via Bing]