Lacey Spears Slapped Two Year-Old Son Until He Cried Says New Report

Lacey Spears, 26, reportedly slapped her two year-old son, Garnett, until he cried, alleges a report made to Florida’s Department of Children and Families.

“Mom will slap him for no reason as hard as she can. He begins to cry and then she begins to love on him,” the allegation stated according to The Journal News.

This reportedly happened over three years before Lacey Spears was charged with the murder of her son.

That complaint in June of 2011, while Spears was living in Clearwater, Florida, was the first of two that year. The second complaint alleges that Lacey Spears would take Garnett swimming while his ears and eyes were bleeding, and took him on outings with high-grade fevers.

Investigators could not find any marks or tell-tale bruises on Garnett’s body, and Lacey Spears denied all allegations. The Department of Children and Families classified Garnett as an “intermediate risk” because of his age and medical history, but effectively closed the case.

According to USA Today, acting on a sealed grand jury indictment, officers obtained a warrant to arrest Lacey Spears on charges of second-degree murder and first-degree manslaughter on Tuesday. Lacey Spears’ five year-old son, Garnett, died January 23rd at Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital in Valhalla, New York.

Lacey Spears was staying with her parents in Kentucky, but after the warrant was issued Lacey returned voluntarily with her lawyer, David Sachs, to surrender to authorities.

The investigation into Garnett’s death now believes that it’s a case of Munchausen by proxy, a psychiatric disorder in which a parent sickens a child to garner sympathy – in this case, that sympathy was gained through social media. Lacey Spears apparently poured her heart out about her son’s medical woes online constantly, searching for sympathy.

Lacey Spears is suspected of having poisened her son three times. Once before he experienced seizures that sent him to Nyack Hospital, again on January 19th in Nyack when his sodium level spiked and he had to be flown to Valhalla, and a third time at Maria Fareri when the doctors finally confronted Spears.

Reportedly, while Garnett lay in the last hospital he’d ever visit, Lacey gave a Chestnut Ridge neighbor a bag to dispose of that Spears had used to feed the boy through a tube in his abdomen. Lacey Spears is charged with injecting the five year-old with a fatal amount of sodium via the feeding tube.

On Tuesday, Captain Christopher Calabrese of the Westchester County Police Detective Division said about the arrest, “This is a very sad day for everyone, but it is a day for justice – justice for the betrayal of the intimate trust between a mother and child, justice for a mother’s continual abuse and death of her innocent child for her own selfish psychological needs and financial gain, justice for Garnett.”

“Garnett the Great journeyed onward today at 10:20 am.” So read Lacey Spears final Facebook post on January 23rd.